There are 216 users in the forums

Don't Mock my Mock!

• dman
  • Veteran
Ill have a go at this whole mock draft thing:

1. C.J. Spiller - RB

Speedy home run threat that can share carries with Gore, return kicks, and is not a bad reciever either. Scored a touchdown in every game he played in this past season.

1. Trent Williams - OT

Maybe isn't as good at LT as RT but we already have Staley and with this pick we could have 2 nice bookend tackles for several years.

2. Nate Allen - FS

Goldson has emerged as a starter at one safety spot but this is a position of need and Allen is an athletic center field type that gives us a nice young safety duo.

3. OBrien Schofield - OLB

Ahmad Brooks has showed some flashes but we still need to get more pressure on the QB and this guy is excellent at speed rushing off the edge and could compliment Manny on the opposite side pretty nicely.

4. John Jerry - OG

Guard is still a question mark and this mammoth of a man will be a nice asset, especially if we are facing Suh twice a year.

5. Walter Thurmond - CB

Is a first day talent that suffered a knee injury this past year. Can be a nice corner and an excellent return man. A gamble that could pay off big.

6. Reggie Carter - ILB

Not sure if he'll fall this far but was a tackling machine in the pac 10 and Takeo isn't getting any younger.

7. Daniel Gettis - WR

Might go undrafted but lets gamble on this track runner with excellent size and athleticism.

Of course a lot depends on free agaency but I didn't really get into that. I think this draft fills our needs.
I just don't see us spending a #1 on a RB. Also you have us getting a FS...don't you think that SS is the bigger need?
why do we need a back to split carries with Gore, the guy has rushed for 1000 yards 4 straight f**kin years, he needs the ball we are most successful when Frank Gore gets a lot of touches. Imagine if Frank had a decent oline to run behind

We need oline, we dont need to draft another RB.
i stopped reading after the first line. I agree that there is NO WAY we take a RB with our first pick. No way in hell.
I can't see any scenario where Trent Williams makes it out of the top 10.
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A
taking Spiller doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. He would be used primarly as a 3rd down back (maybe) and a kick/punt returner...not a position that warrants a first round pick.

I'd rather take Greg Hardy/Sergio Kindle/Jerry Huges with the first pick and Joe Haden/Patrick Robinson with the second first round pick.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoFD74:
I can't see any scenario where Trent Williams makes it out of the top 10.

Yep.

Swap Iupati with Williams, swap your 3rd and 4th round picks in respect of their positions - except OT instead of OG - and your mock is good.
This Mock has us taking Spiller with one of our first rounder too. I would love him. He would be the play maker we missed when we passed on DJack.
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
This Mock has us taking Spiller with one of our first rounder too. I would love him. He would be the play maker we missed when we passed on DJack.
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm

Yep, Ive seen many mocks that have us taking Spiller ... doesn't mean much except that its not such a crazy idea.
I would be happy if this happened. Especially if we picked up a good guard in free agency.

Unlike first posters, I think KR/PR and playmaking 2nd RB to split carries is a huge area of need for the team. I think Spiller would fill that role nicely. Keep Gore from getting gassed, and give us a real threat when we split the RB out wide.

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I just don't see us spending a #1 on a RB. Also you have us getting a FS...don't you think that SS is the bigger need?

I dont think its really about position, our weakness at safety is covering the deep ball and thats what Allen excels at. Many teams just go with 2 interchangeable safeties that play the run and the pass, not just a SS and a FS.

I think Allen and Goldson would work well together.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for OtisDriftwood.
I'd like to see us take Mays and Spiller in the first and OT OG in the 2nd and 3rd.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I'd like to see us take Mays and Spiller in the first and OT OG in the 2nd and 3rd.

wow that would be my nightmare draft.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

wow that would be my nightmare draft.

well Im not 100% sold on Mays but he could play SS for us IMO . Why wouldnt you want Spiller?
I don't see us taking a RB that early.... Too many other needs.... Oline for starters....
Share 49ersWebzone