There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Krizay's mock

  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Re-sign
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Takeo Spikes - ILB
Dre' Bly - CB
David Baas - OG

Sign
Peppers or Merriman
Daniel Manning or Atogwe

1A: Dez Bryant WR, Okla St. (assuming Bradford and Claussen are off the board)

1B: Mike Iupati OG, Idaho

1C: (2011 1st to New England for their 2010 1st) Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

2: Noel Devine RB, WVA (hasn't declared yet but he will.)

3: Kyle Calloway OT, Iowa

4: Stephan Virgil CB, Va Tech

5: Kyle McCarthy S, Notre Dame

6: Reggie Stephens OG, Iowa St.

7: Jay Ross DT, East Carolina




Unfortunately still have Smith at QB
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 531
Everything except for Dez Bryant!

He is a playmaker but we have to many WR already. Rather take another OT or Playmaker on D
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by rtj03:
Everything except for Dez Bryant!

He is a playmaker but we have to many WR already. Rather take another OT or Playmaker on D

Too many? I would disagree with that. We have 2. If all the other WR's were on other teams "we" wouldn't think they were so hot. Could probably even include Morgan in that as well really.
lol why on earth would we take dez bryant...

and again...no offensive linemen til the 2nd..singletary likes both chilo and baas, our only real need is RT, and both of the elite guys will be gone by the time we pick...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol why on earth would we take dez bryant...

and again...no offensive linemen til the 2nd..singletary likes both chilo and baas, our only real need is RT, and both of the elite guys will be gone by the time we pick...

Oh I don't know maybe because he's one of the best playmakers in the draft. Offensive playmakers to boot. Have you not watched our offense?
Just curious -- why not CJ Spiller? That first round would be cool with me but I don't think we're going to trade back into the first round. But as long as a Iupati and an OT is taken, I can dig it.
Originally posted by krizay:
Re-sign
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Takeo Spikes - ILB
Dre' Bly - CB
David Baas - OG

Sign
Peppers or Merriman
Daniel Manning or Atogwe

1A: Dez Bryant WR, Okla St. (assuming Bradford and Claussen are off the board)

1B: Mike Iupati OG, Idaho

1C: (2011 1st to New England for their 2010 1st) Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

2: Noel Devine RB, WVA (hasn't declared yet but he will.)

3: Kyle Calloway OT, Iowa

4: Stephan Virgil CB, Va Tech

5: Kyle McCarthy S, Notre Dame

6: Reggie Stephens OG, Iowa St.

7: Jay Ross DT, East Carolina




Unfortunately still have Smith at QB

Whats unfortunate is that you draft like Matt Millen!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by krizay:
Re-sign
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Takeo Spikes - ILB
Dre' Bly - CB
David Baas - OG

Sign
Peppers or Merriman
Daniel Manning or Atogwe

1A: Dez Bryant WR, Okla St. (assuming Bradford and Claussen are off the board)

1B: Mike Iupati OG, Idaho

1C: (2011 1st to New England for their 2010 1st) Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

2: Noel Devine RB, WVA (hasn't declared yet but he will.)

3: Kyle Calloway OT, Iowa

4: Stephan Virgil CB, Va Tech

5: Kyle McCarthy S, Notre Dame

6: Reggie Stephens OG, Iowa St.

7: Jay Ross DT, East Carolina




Unfortunately still have Smith at QB

Whats unfortunate is that you draft like Matt Millen!

Wow!
I would have no problems with Bryant being selected. However, it is elite speed that we're lacking more than anything on offense.

Having three first rounders is illogical. We won't be paying first-round money to three picks, as well as giving away our 1st next year.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Just curious -- why not CJ Spiller? That first round would be cool with me but I don't think we're going to trade back into the first round. But as long as a Iupati and an OT is taken, I can dig it.

Using a 1st round pick that will likely AT BEST see the field 10 times a game versus a player who in my opinion is a better playmaker who will see the field 50+ times a game.

Devine could provide the same if not more explosiveness in those 10 plays as Spiller could. IMO.

Hell even Gore has only had 2 20+ carry games in he last 6. 3 since Smith took over. We are a passing team. Which makes a backup RB less important than a playmaking WR in my opinion.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would have no problems with Bryant being selected. However, it is elite speed that we're lacking more than anything on offense.

Having three first rounders is illogical. We won't be paying first-round money to three picks, as well as giving away our 1st next year.

I know it has a very very very low chance of happening. But this mock would be awesome IMO obviously!
Spiller over Bryant and I'd be happy.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol why on earth would we take dez bryant...

and again...no offensive linemen til the 2nd..singletary likes both chilo and baas, our only real need is RT, and both of the elite guys will be gone by the time we pick...

Oh I don't know maybe because he's one of the best playmakers in the draft. Offensive playmakers to boot. Have you not watched our offense?

i like bryant, but for the first time in a long time, wide receiver is the last spot on offense we need help..that would be like the lions taking a quarterback with their first overall pick again, and someone saying...have you watched our offense?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,122
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by rtj03:
Everything except for Dez Bryant!

He is a playmaker but we have to many WR already. Rather take another OT or Playmaker on D

Too many? I would disagree with that. We have 2. If all the other WR's were on other teams "we" wouldn't think they were so hot. Could probably even include Morgan in that as well really.

I have to agree with krizay. We really don't have anyone after Crabtree, Morgan IMO, is a 3rd receiver, same with Jason Hill. Battle and Bruce will be gone, so we would look to be thin at WR position.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol why on earth would we take dez bryant...

and again...no offensive linemen til the 2nd..singletary likes both chilo and baas, our only real need is RT, and both of the elite guys will be gone by the time we pick...

Oh I don't know maybe because he's one of the best playmakers in the draft. Offensive playmakers to boot. Have you not watched our offense?

i like bryant, but for the first time in a long time, wide receiver is the last spot on offense we need help..that would be like the lions taking a quarterback with their first overall pick again, and someone saying...have you watched our offense?

Not even close to the same thing my man!