LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowl Week Thread #4 (1/1 - 1/2)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Michigan State was forced to double and triple team Brandon Sharpe in this game -- his explosion off the snap is simply terrific.

I like his chances as a developmental 3-4 OLB.

Watching the replay since i missed the game(was at the Kings game) and it looks like Jamar Wall had a nice game. Thoughts on him?

I think he's a good press cover corner, and likely would fit well in any system. Very physical player -- known to be a ferocious hitter -- obviously decent hands, but the one knock on him is his height -- He's only about 5-9.

He's kinda slow, and his game has regressed from 2008 when he was one of the top DBs in the big12. He's still pretty good, but I don't think he's ever going to be a star at the next level.
I think Sharpe will be a beast in the NFL though. However he has never dropped into coverage in his entire college career ... that's def a knock.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Michigan State was forced to double and triple team Brandon Sharpe in this game -- his explosion off the snap is simply terrific.

I like his chances as a developmental 3-4 OLB.

Watching the replay since i missed the game(was at the Kings game) and it looks like Jamar Wall had a nice game. Thoughts on him?

I think he's a good press cover corner, and likely would fit well in any system. Very physical player -- known to be a ferocious hitter -- obviously decent hands, but the one knock on him is his height -- He's only about 5-9.

He's kinda slow, and his game has regressed from 2008 when he was one of the top DBs in the big12. He's still pretty good, but I don't think he's ever going to be a star at the next level.
I think Sharpe will be a beast in the NFL though. However he has never dropped into coverage in his entire college career ... that's def a knock.

I like both Sharpe and Wall as developmental guys. I like Wall's upside -- but I don't think he'll drafted much higher than the 6th or so because of a probable poor timed speed. While again, he presents good physicality, a team might prefer a quicker corner like Walter McFadden over him.
Share 49ersWebzone