LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowl Week Thread #4 (1/1 - 1/2)

I think this game is going to be too easy for Florida.
Looks like it at least, Tebow looks great so far throwing the football
Looks like the coverage is so good that no throws even go to the WRs
But I do like Pike alot
Honestly, if Cincinnati wants to win, they should bench Pike and play his more mobile back-up. Florida is only rushing three men, and Cincy needs to adjust to that and run more draws and take advantage of the holes opening up.

Pike can make the throws, but he's really struggling to find receivers quickly, as well as struggling to escape the pressure.

I won't say there's no chance of them coming back though. Anyone who saw what they did to Pittsburgh can't feel that Florida's lead is safe right now.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Honestly, if Cincinnati wants to win, they should bench Pike and play his more mobile back-up. Florida is only rushing three men, and Cincy needs to adjust to that and run more draws and take advantage of the holes opening up.

Pike can make the throws, but he's really struggling to find receivers quickly, as well as struggling to escape the pressure.

I won't say there's no chance of them coming back though. Anyone who saw what they did to Pittsburgh can't feel that Florida's lead is safe right now.

I think after that last bomb, you can feel like Florida's lead is safe.
Dunlap looking good
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

And watching UC's O-Line get absolutely dominated. They are clearly inferior by an astronomical margin and simply seem incapable of blocking Florida's DL, even when it is just 3 men.

I expected UC to lose, but not this badly. I would've preferred to see TCU play Florida. I think they would've had a chance. When you have no time to throw, it doesn't matter how amazing your receivers are, Pike isn't going to be able to find anyone.

(And people wonder why our offense struggles so much, as they watch Alex running for his life, play after play, even against the worst defenses.)
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
But I do like Pike alot

Me too. Really tall, lean with a big arm and makes accurate deep passes as well.

Tebow is having the better game but Pike should be the better pro prospect.

And watching UC's O-Line get absolutely dominated. They are clearly inferior by an astronomical margin and simply seem incapable of blocking Florida's DL, even when it is just 3 men.

I expected UC to lose, but not this badly. I would've preferred to see TCU play Florida. I think they would've had a chance. When you have no time to throw, it doesn't matter how amazing your receivers are, Pike isn't going to be able to find anyone.

(And people wonder why our offense struggles so much, as they watch Alex running for his life, play after play, even against the worst defenses.)

Truth here.

I expected Cincy to at least put up some points. They look absolutely dead in the water on both sides of the ball. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact they may feel abandoned as a team by Brian Kelly? I dunno about you guys, but he literally just dipped on them for another team and he was LOVED by his players. Real dick move, I think -- I don't care if it's a business. It's like a substitute teacher coming in to teach your review for the final exam.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
But I do like Pike alot

Somehow i have never really been that impressed by Pike, he is accurate but i really donĀ“t like his feet, his footwork is horrible. I think OTC is right, they should play Zach Collaros in the 2nd half to have a chance against the Gators.

Truth here.

I expected Cincy to at least put up some points. They look absolutely dead in the water on both sides of the ball. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact they may feel abandoned as a team by Brian Kelly? I dunno about you guys, but he literally just dipped on them for another team and he was LOVED by his players. Real dick move, I think -- I don't care if it's a business. It's like a substitute teacher coming in to teach your review for the final exam.

That's EXACTLY what it's like. An absolutely horrific, and in all honesty, a classless move by Kelly. Wait until after the Bowl for something like that.

Florida is playing on an emotional high, while Cincinnati is playing on an emotional low.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Dunlap looking good

I'm also keeping an eye on Jermaine Cunningham on the other side...very quick get off, but hasn't recorded a sack yet. He's someone we could be interested in later in the draft as a 3-4 OLB.
So what do you think guys, the stats for Tebow look amazing. You think he will skip the senior bowl and throwing at the combine after this performance?
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
So what do you think guys, the stats for Tebow look amazing. You think he will skip the senior bowl and throwing at the combine after this performance?

I think his individual work-outs will be good. But I dunno if he does the Senior Bowl. Considering he is an ultimate competitor he may do both. He's gonna train hard and be a player when he gets to the next level.
Share 49ersWebzone