LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

trade our 2011 for a 2010

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No. Two first rounders is just fine for this team. In fact, look for the Niners to use their first first rounder on an OT, then put the second first rounder on the trade block to see if anyone is willing to trade the house for the pick.

Note: The draft dodged a big bullet. The DT playing alongside Gerald McCoy blew out his knee in a knee injury that they would not replay on TV. Probably a compound fracture. Had to cart the guy off the field.

I think it was his ankle, I didn't see the replay but from the glimpse I cought his foot was completely backwards where it connects to the ankle
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Lets trade our second round pick this year for someones first next year

That's the way I swing!
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No. Two first rounders is just fine for this team. In fact, look for the Niners to use their first first rounder on an OT, then put the second first rounder on the trade block to see if anyone is willing to trade the house for the pick.

Note: The draft dodged a big bullet. The DT playing alongside Gerald McCoy blew out his knee in a knee injury that they would not replay on TV. Probably a compound fracture. Had to cart the guy off the field.

It must've been bad. The worst I've ever seen was Napoleon Kaufman's injury on MNF.

That was actually Napoleon McCallum. I think it was Norton that drove him backwards... sick! Also, I think it was against us (in fact, I think he tore us up) but there was also that one with Koy Detmer when he stepped in for the Eagles and landed with his arm straight out and the elbow popped out. Dude was screaming bloody murder on the field.

Anyway, in response to the thread, I would be more inclined to trade our second 1st (or our 2nd rounder) for a 1st (and change) next year in the event that management doesn't move up to get Clausen or Bradford. If Alex doesn't improve next year we need to be in a position to get a top QB.
Two first rounders are expensive enough.........three first rounders = overkill.
Share 49ersWebzone