There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

trade our 2011 for a 2010

With 2010 being a very deep draft because of a possible rookie salary cap. Does anyone besides me think it would be a good idea if we trade away our 2011 1st round pick for a late 2010 1st rounder. I beleive most of the later round teams would make the trade in thinking that they may get a high pick in 2011 and most of the teams dont have very big needs.
My niner friends just think of the possible prospects we could get that would definitely put us in the playoffs and fill most if not all our needs.
So, what would be the trade? 1st in 2010 TO us and we give up 1st and 3rd/4th from 2011? Wow, three picks in the 1st round of this year's draft actually could be an incredibly aggressive and solid move.

However! I don't expect it to happen. But if it does, how does Iupati, Davis/Williams, and Spiller/Dez Bryant sound?!
That's not going to happen.

Trading a future 1st rounder for a current 1st rounder doesn't work. The future 1st round pick has an equal value of a current 2nd round pick. It just works that way.

If you want a current 1st rounder in exchange for your future 1st rounder, you may have to throw in a 3rd or a 4th rounder.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
That's not going to happen.

Trading a future 1st rounder for a current 1st rounder doesn't work. The future 1st round pick has an equal value of a current 2nd round pick. It just works that way.

If you want a current 1st rounder in exchange for your future 1st rounder, you may have to throw in a 3rd or a 4th rounder.

didnt know that but if we would give a 1st and 4th i still would do it. But only a 4th
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
So, what would be the trade? 1st in 2010 TO us and we give up 1st and 3rd/4th from 2011? Wow, three picks in the 1st round of this year's draft actually could be an incredibly aggressive and solid move.

However! I don't expect it to happen. But if it does, how does Iupati, Davis/Williams, and Spiller/Dez Bryant sound?!

Sounds very enticing!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
We won't trade draft spots. I'd like for us to trade either our two firsts up to KC's spot, or our second first, our second round and next year's second so we can get Berry.

Failing that I'd like us to trade our 1b down to the low 20s and get an extra second rounder.

I don't expect either to happen. I suspect we'll just stick with what we have and draft whomever lands into our lap.
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
With 2010 being a very deep draft because of a possible rookie salary cap. Does anyone besides me think it would be a good idea if we trade away our 2011 1st round pick for a late 2010 1st rounder. I beleive most of the later round teams would make the trade in thinking that they may get a high pick in 2011 and most of the teams dont have very big needs.
My niner friends just think of the possible prospects we could get that would definitely put us in the playoffs and fill most if not all our needs.

I have been thinking the same thing. If there is a player at the end of the first round and they can find a trader I wouldn't mind giving up a 2011 first rounder and maybe a 3rd or 4th this year.
On principle I don't like trading away future 1st round picks.
No. Two first rounders is just fine for this team. In fact, look for the Niners to use their first first rounder on an OT, then put the second first rounder on the trade block to see if anyone is willing to trade the house for the pick.

Note: The draft dodged a big bullet. The DT playing alongside Gerald McCoy blew out his knee in a knee injury that they would not replay on TV. Probably a compound fracture. Had to cart the guy off the field.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No. Two first rounders is just fine for this team. In fact, look for the Niners to use their first first rounder on an OT, then put the second first rounder on the trade block to see if anyone is willing to trade the house for the pick.

Note: The draft dodged a big bullet. The DT playing alongside Gerald McCoy blew out his knee in a knee injury that they would not replay on TV. Probably a compound fracture. Had to cart the guy off the field.

It must've been bad. The worst I've ever seen was Napoleon Kaufman's injury on MNF.
Originally posted by smileyman:

It must've been bad. The worst I've ever seen was Napoleon Kaufman's injury on MNF.

Freddie Mitchell's UCLA injury in college along the sideline was pretty nasty, LT breaking Theismann's left into forty pieces was gory, Willis McGahee's injury against OSU in the National Championship game, BY's knee being snapped by Ken Norton Jr. on Monday night (I was really close to that play at the Stick), and Tim Krumrie's leg being snapped in the Super Bowl game against the Niners in the 1980's cap my list. All of them were nasty.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Lets trade our second round pick this year for someones first next year

i wouldnt want to do that because of the prospects probably not being as good IMO unless we trade with the rams,lions,bucs or browns.
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Lets trade our second round pick this year for someones first next year

i wouldnt want to do that because of the prospects probably not being as good IMO unless we trade with the rams,lions,bucs or browns.

sorry i thought i read trade our 2nd first for a next years 1st (my bad)
hell no, a lot of talent this year IMO
Originally posted by smileyman:

Freddie Mitchell's UCLA injury in college along the sideline was pretty nasty, LT breaking Theismann's left into forty pieces was gory, Willis McGahee's injury against OSU in the National Championship game, BY's knee being snapped by Ken Norton Jr. on Monday night (I was really close to that play at the Stick), and Tim Krumrie's leg being snapped in the Super Bowl game against the Niners in the 1980's cap my list. All of them were nasty.

I don't remember who this was but it was in a game back in the early 90s. Atlanta (I believe) vs the Bills. Kelly was picked off and the guy was running the ball back down the sidelines. A Bill dove to try and tackle, the interceptor jumped over him but as he came down, his leg snapped at the knee and basically came up and kicked him in the face. As he tumbled to the ground his leg was flailing everywhere.