There are 164 users in the forums

Trade up for a QB??

what do you guys think? should we trade up for a top QB like Bradford. Or do we draft OL and pray it improves Smiths play?

I just don't know if smith can bring us a Superbowl, that throw to Crabtree should've been a easy touchdown against the lions. And when Smith was asked about he said he was afraid to overthrow him. ??
HELL NO!!! this thread wont last long i would think
You answered your own question. The Niners are going to stick with Smith and add some protection to see if that helps.
Originally posted by NinerFaithful:
what do you guys think? should we trade up for a top QB like Bradford. Or do we draft OL and pray it improves Smiths play?

I just don't know if smith can bring us a Superbowl, that throw to Crabtree should've been a easy touchdown against the lions. And when Smith was asked about he said he was afraid to overthrow him. ??

Total waste, IMHO.

All we need is an extra DB, a shored-up o-line, and an average return game to be in the playoffs.
Absolutely not.
Let me answer a question with a question.

Do you think any college QB will make more of a positive impact on this team next year then Alex Smith? And if so, why?

do you know that sam bradford can bring the niners to a superbowl?

your going to base your decision on one throw to crabtree?

Sam Bradford? A QB that was injured all season and had surgery on his throwing shoulder?

Come on man. O-line is all we need. The fact that Detroit's d-line was getting through our o-line with ease should've been the deciding factor.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
HELL NO!!! this thread wont last long i would think

this and who's there to trade up for. JC will be gone instantly to the Lamb Shanks. so again for who?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Nobody worth trading up for. Wait and see what happens after 2010 when Locker will be coming out and we should know what we have with Alex.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:03 PM ]
No.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No.

Quarterbacks overthrow receivers in the NFL. It happens. Smith is getting pretty vilified for a 50 yard completion. Niners need to use those two picks on players who can come in next year and contribute. I don't really think any of the QBs in the draft could be counted on doing this. So hope Smith continues to progress, coach up Davis and hope he can be the #2. If the team goes south next season, Niners should have a pretty good pick and it will probably be time to think about using it on a QB.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No.
Share 49ersWebzone