LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Mock draft first 3 rounds

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Actually, I think Nate does restructure his deal because it is an uncapped year. If he wants to keep his job, he will restructure.

Can you elaborate? Why do you think he would prefer to restructure his deal to stay here vs hit FA in an uncapped year?

cause there is no guarantee he gets anywhere near what he got in 2007. PLus with the rule of top 8 not being allowed to sign big name guys to big deals, he would be better off staying in SF, plus he likes it here.

And he IMO should stay at CB, he is our best CB, Brown and Spencer are decent but didnt prove to me anything.
another thing, dont be surprsed if we dont demand a restructring of Nate's deal.

He is scheduled 8M In 2010, which isnt alot.

And we have 52M if there is a cap in cap space.

No big need for cap room, but in 2011-2013 he will have to restructure.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Pretty good, not sure if Gilyard would be available in the third, and I might go for O'Brien Schofield over Von Miller. Good job though.

I agree, nice draft but I don't think gilyard falls that far and haden might not either for that matter.

I saw a mock that had us taking brandon spikes...I kind of like that although it might be overkill in the middle
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Actually, I think Nate does restructure his deal because it is an uncapped year. If he wants to keep his job, he will restructure.

Can you elaborate? Why do you think he would prefer to restructure his deal to stay here vs hit FA in an uncapped year?

cause there is no guarantee he gets anywhere near what he got in 2007. PLus with the rule of top 8 not being allowed to sign big name guys to big deals, he would be better off staying in SF, plus he likes it here.

And he IMO should stay at CB, he is our best CB, Brown and Spencer are decent but didnt prove to me anything.

I'm talking about restructuring his deal in the context of moving him to safety. I don't see why he would agree to stay here and play safety when somebody else would definitely pay him more to play CB. Whatever he got as a CB in 2007 would be irrelevant if we're looking at him as a safety in 2009.

If we're keeping him at CB, than the restructure will be for CB money, not safety money. And he would be much more likely to stay here.

I don't think Nate stays here if we ask him to restructure his deal and play safety. He wants to play CB more than he wants to be here and somebody else will give him that chance if we don't.
Share 49ersWebzone