LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Outlaw Mock (1st mock)..And FA

Well since our season is pretty much over, I'd like to make my first mock draft for 2010. Also Free agency.

FA:
Logan Mankins- From fresno st, if patriots don't resign him I say he comes here.
Marcus Spears- 3-4 end opposite of smith
pick up a decent RT

Draft:
1st Round- Anthony Davis- Good tackle that can start from day one at RT

1st Round- Taylor Mays- With Berry gone. Mays is the next best choice. He may no be the best cover safety, but he will lay the lumber and put fear in opposing wideouts. If you really think about it, he is a way better upgrade over michael lewis.(Covers better, faster, and hits hard) Lewis will be done in a year or two. Also, sean taylor wasnt a great cover corner but wideout always checked where he was at.

2nd Round- Jon Asamoah OG-. With Lupati gone well have to go with next best guard.

3rd Round- O'Brien Schofield- Probably best rusher available for 3rd round

4th Round- Jacoby Ford- Finally our return man wishes are answered, fast, and great returner

5th Round- Walter McFadden- Need some CB's

6th Round- Sam Young- you can never have too many lineman

7th Round- Kelton Tindal- project type player was clocked at a 4.28 (johnny knox type of player)

So our depth chart

QB: Alex Smith,
RB: Gore, Coffee,
FB: Norris
TE: Davis, Walker
WR: Crabtree, Hill
WR: Morgan, Jones
SLOT: Ford
LT: Staley, Sims
LG: Mankins, ASAMOAH
C: Heitmann, Wallace
RG: Rachal/Asamoah
RT: Davis/Young/Boone

Defense:
LDE: Smith, Mcdonald
NT: Franklin, Sopaga
RDE: Spears, Evans,
LOLB: Brooks, Lawson
MILB: Willis
MILB: Spikes
ROLB: Haralson, Shoefield
CB: Clements, Brown
CB: SPencer, Mcfadden,
FS: Goldson, Smith
SS: Mays, Lewis

What do you guys think???

And take it easy it's my first mock draft
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
inb4thewebzone hate on taylor mays
Originally posted by ptinerocket:
inb4thewebzone hate on taylor mays

well im gonna be the 1st. i stopped reading as soon as i saw taylor mays do not want that guy
Well lets say if we cannot get mankins I'd say trade down and acquire more picks and draft Mike Lupati... DUDE IS A MONSTER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdvfRhTruw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-R48osi8U

I'd say that would be a nice pick because our OLINe is a damn joke
Originally posted by Outlaw209:
Well lets say if we cannot get mankins I'd say trade down and acquire more picks and draft Mike Lupati... DUDE IS A MONSTER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdvfRhTruw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-R48osi8U

I'd say that would be a nice pick because our OLINe is a damn joke

Replace Mays with Iupati. Once I saw Mays, I realized you don't watch much college football. Same with Sam Young. That guy is garbage. I'd replace him with Marinella (sp?) of Stanford.
No don't want Mays.
Hate to say it, but your draft is complete overkill on the offensive line. The Niners do not have to draft or sign a whole new offensive line. One guard, a RT, and a one swingman would be fine.

Taylor Mays maybe a gifted athlete, but he is not a good football player. PASS!

I would add a CB alot earlier than the fourth round.

One thing I do like, the Schofield pick. Not a bad investment in the third round.
NO Taylor Mays and Anthony Davis scares me, has a ton of talent but again seems like a boom or bust guy and im not sure he can start from day one. I think Bulaga would be the best and safest pick for us to get a RT in the draft.
i wouldnt mind the anthony davis pick but would rather have cambell or baugula and instead of mays i would like a whole numbewr of people mcclain if hes there haeden spiller but i would perfer to trade back and get Iupani
Originally posted by Outlaw209:

FA:
Logan Mankins-
Draft:
1st Round- Anthony Davis- Good tackle that can start from day one at RT

1st Round- Taylor Mays

2nd Round- Jon Asamoah OG

3rd Round- O'Brien Schofield

4th Round- Jacoby Ford

5th Round- Walter McFadden

6th Round- Sam Young

7th Round- Kelton Tinda

Fine with Davis
NO to Mays
Asamoah I'm fine with
More OLB's will be available in the 3rd so chances are Schofield will not be BPA
Ford is a 2nd to 3rd round talent
Sam Young will go higher then 6th

How you can say Mays is better than Michael Lewis baffles me.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
well im gonna be the 1st. i stopped reading as soon as i saw taylor mays do not want that guy
Originally posted by kronik:
Replace Mays with Iupati. Once I saw Mays, I realized you don't watch much college football. Same with Sam Young. That guy is garbage. I'd replace him with Marinella (sp?) of Stanford.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Dec 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM ]
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
No offense, but I feel like the people who want to draft mays never actually watched him play this year. Dude was garbage.
no mays please. Dude is not a safety.
Share 49ersWebzone