Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Takeo Spikes - ILB
Barry Sims - LT
Dre' Bly - CB
David Baas - OG (RFA if the new CBA doesn't get done)
Atari Bigby - SS (takes over for Michael Lewis and pairs with Goldson to form a strong safety duo)
1.) Bruce Campbell, OT (Maryland) - Physical specimen but very raw; starting RT from day one
1.) C.J. Spiller, RB (Clemson) - Playmaker on offense and special teams; takes over for Gore in 2012
2.) Donovan Warren, CB (Michigan) - Big CB with excellent ball skills; Nate's eventual replacement
3.) Greg Hardy, DE/OLB (Mississippi) - Can Singletary turn Hardy around like he did Brooks? Definitely worth the risk
4.) Sergio Render, OG (VaTech) - Could eventually replace Baas; excellent size and adds depth to the o-line
5.) Micah Johnson, ILB (Kentucky) - Depth and size at ILB
6.) Kade Weston, DT (Georgia) - Huge run-stuffing NT (6'5", 325) to backup Franklin
7.) Brandon Banks, WR (Kansas St.) - Speed WR and special teamer whose stock has dropped due to recent arrest
Dean, no doubt you are a smart dude so here's some thoughts to maybe engage in some good football dialogue:
1. Bruce Campbell - no doubt with Solari and Sing they can get the most out of him but 13 is really early for an unpolished kid who looks really bad sometimes in tape. I have no doubts in 2 or 3 years people would be calling it a great pick because with the right coaching I think he will be a beast but this year people would be screaming when he had a mental breakdown (especially people on this site).
1. DRAFT CJ SPILLER is all I can say. Adds a dimension to this team that I can't even explain. Full offseason for Crabs and adding Spiller and the sky is the limit for this offense. No brainer take the kid.
2. Donovan Warren - Does he make it this far? If so is Cox gone? If Cox is still there do you take him instead? I like Cox a lot. He's physical and can return punts for the first year or so while he is playing Nickel back duties. If it come down to it and both are there I go with Cox but just own opinion. If you take Warren and the draft plays out the way you say who returns punts? Spiller is better suited for kick offs and i would like a fall back option incase of injuries.
3. Hardy - If he is there this is a no brainer. Risk reward on it would be way to hard to ignore. With that said I doubt he is there.
4 & 5 are good
6. Kade Weston - Again you think he makes it to round 6? Again if so I think its a steal with his size
Just some thoughts. With all that being said I think this would be a great draft if it worked out. I see round 1 playing out with Spiller going 13 and Trent Williams going 17. I really like Trent Williams. Not sure everyone is aware but the kid even played center for 2 games this year because of injuries. He's a football player, smart and athletic. Plus he dominated at RT last year when he got to play on the right side all year. Spiller and Williams sounds like a hell of a first day to me.