There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GoFD's 2010 mock 1.0

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Guess my 12/09 mock of Campbell as our first pick at 13 wasn't such a stretch after all.

Funny thing, I agree with MadDog that Campbell will probably be taken by Oakland (or Buffalo if he gets past the Raiders), so he's not even likely to be around at #13 now.

New mock (v2.0) coming out by mid-week, once the combine wraps up.

I think Campbell goes #8 to Oak and Davis goes #9 to Buffalo. I really think the Niners will have Buluga or Williams to choose from unless Seattle jumps them. I think that is a possiblity. I could see Seattle and Miami trading places and Seattle selecting Bulaga. They need a LT and I just dont think would want Williams. If that happened the Niners could go Spiller or Iupati at 13 as Williams would fall to 17 in my opinion

Yep
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Guess my 12/09 mock of Campbell as our first pick at 13 wasn't such a stretch after all.

Funny thing, I agree with MadDog that Campbell will probably be taken by Oakland (or Buffalo if he gets past the Raiders), so he's not even likely to be around at #13 now.

New mock (v2.0) coming out by mid-week, once the combine wraps up.

I think Campbell goes #8 to Oak and Davis goes #9 to Buffalo. I really think the Niners will have Buluga or Williams to choose from unless Seattle jumps them. I think that is a possiblity. I could see Seattle and Miami trading places and Seattle selecting Bulaga. They need a LT and I just dont think would want Williams. If that happened the Niners could go Spiller or Iupati at 13 as Williams would fall to 17 in my opinion

I think Seattle might stay pat and grab Charles Brown with their second 1st rounder...obviously Carroll knows him well, and he's got the size/ tools to be a really good LT for years to come.

Certainly possible that they would do that if we took Bulaga. In analyzing all of the picks I dont see anyway we dont have 1 and maybe 2 of the top OTS to choose from when we pick
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Re-sign
Ahmad Brooks - OLB
Takeo Spikes - ILB
Barry Sims - LT
Dre' Bly - CB
David Baas - OG (RFA if the new CBA doesn't get done)

Sign
Atari Bigby - SS (takes over for Michael Lewis and pairs with Goldson to form a strong safety duo)

Draft
1.) Bruce Campbell, OT (Maryland) - Physical specimen but very raw; starting RT from day one
1.) C.J. Spiller, RB (Clemson) - Playmaker on offense and special teams; takes over for Gore in 2012
2.) Donovan Warren, CB (Michigan) - Big CB with excellent ball skills; Nate's eventual replacement
3.) Greg Hardy, DE/OLB (Mississippi) - Can Singletary turn Hardy around like he did Brooks? Definitely worth the risk
4.) Sergio Render, OG (VaTech) - Could eventually replace Baas; excellent size and adds depth to the o-line
5.) Micah Johnson, ILB (Kentucky) - Depth and size at ILB
6.) Kade Weston, DT (Georgia) - Huge run-stuffing NT (6'5", 325) to backup Franklin
7.) Brandon Banks, WR (Kansas St.) - Speed WR and special teamer whose stock has dropped due to recent arrest

Dean, no doubt you are a smart dude so here's some thoughts to maybe engage in some good football dialogue:

1. Bruce Campbell - no doubt with Solari and Sing they can get the most out of him but 13 is really early for an unpolished kid who looks really bad sometimes in tape. I have no doubts in 2 or 3 years people would be calling it a great pick because with the right coaching I think he will be a beast but this year people would be screaming when he had a mental breakdown (especially people on this site).
1. DRAFT CJ SPILLER is all I can say. Adds a dimension to this team that I can't even explain. Full offseason for Crabs and adding Spiller and the sky is the limit for this offense. No brainer take the kid.
2. Donovan Warren - Does he make it this far? If so is Cox gone? If Cox is still there do you take him instead? I like Cox a lot. He's physical and can return punts for the first year or so while he is playing Nickel back duties. If it come down to it and both are there I go with Cox but just own opinion. If you take Warren and the draft plays out the way you say who returns punts? Spiller is better suited for kick offs and i would like a fall back option incase of injuries.
3. Hardy - If he is there this is a no brainer. Risk reward on it would be way to hard to ignore. With that said I doubt he is there.
4 & 5 are good
6. Kade Weston - Again you think he makes it to round 6? Again if so I think its a steal with his size

Just some thoughts. With all that being said I think this would be a great draft if it worked out. I see round 1 playing out with Spiller going 13 and Trent Williams going 17. I really like Trent Williams. Not sure everyone is aware but the kid even played center for 2 games this year because of injuries. He's a football player, smart and athletic. Plus he dominated at RT last year when he got to play on the right side all year. Spiller and Williams sounds like a hell of a first day to me.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
I see round 1 playing out with Spiller going 13 and Trent Williams going 17. I really like Trent Williams. Not sure everyone is aware but the kid even played center for 2 games this year because of injuries. He's a football player, smart and athletic. Plus he dominated at RT last year when he got to play on the right side all year. Spiller and Williams sounds like a hell of a first day to me.

What he said.