There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GoFD's 2010 mock 1.0

I share some of the same questions about Campbell and Hardy, but your choices are high "perceived" risk versus huge rewards IMO. Getting a Spiller in addition to some potentially great players at OT, CB and OLB/pass rusher plus signing a free agent safety could put this team back in the playoffs. Interesting to say the least.......
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I share some of the same questions about Campbell and Hardy, but your choices are high "perceived" risk versus huge rewards IMO. Getting a Spiller in addition to some potentially great players at OT, CB and OLB/pass rusher plus signing a free agent safety could put this team back in the playoffs. Interesting to say the least.......

Thanks mb...I'd be fine with drafting Bryan Bulaga with one of those 1st rounders or even waiting to grab someone like Charles Brown, Selvish Capers or Jason Fox in the 2nd (depending on who's still there). I just see Scot as someone who isn't afraid to draft on potential (especially with 1st rounders) even if it means taking the risk that the potential isn't reached right away.
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 29, 2009 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by GoFD74:

Thanks mb...I'd be fine with drafting Bryan Bulaga with one of those 1st rounders or even waiting to grab someone like Charles Brown, Selvish Capers or Jason Fox in the 2nd (depending on who's still there). I just see Scot as someone who isn't afraid to draft on potential (especially with 1st rounders) even if it means taking the risk that the potential isn't reached right away.

No problem, Ghost. Mad respect for you. If Bulaga declares (....has he?), he is definitely someone who would fit the bill as a solid first round choice at a position of need. Joe Haden's name keeps coming up as the Niners other top choice. This next week is definitely going to play a big role in where the Niners picks land in the first round. This is definitely a fluid situation that will change a bunch more times before April.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM ]

Kentwan Balmer anyone????

Are you not resigning Franklin?
Originally posted by AC49er:
Are you not resigning Franklin?

Good find...sorry, he'd be franchised if he doesn't sign an extension.
I think you have a better chance of signing Otogwe than Bigby because of Otogwe's... um... connections with Singletary.

I don't think the Rams will franchise him a second year in a row.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I think you have a better chance of signing Otogwe than Bigby because of Otogwe's... um... connections with Singletary.

I don't think the Rams will franchise him a second year in a row.

I'd be cool with Atogwe so long as he's healthy.
Originally posted by domesik:

Kentwan Balmer anyone????

Or how about Vernon Davis? That potential was not reached right away. It took a few years and Sing kicking VD off the field.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Do you think Lewis is really gone after this season? He came back strong, no?
i would not draft C.J Spiller....RB position is not our problem!
Originally posted by RedAndGoldArmy:
i would not draft C.J Spiller....RB position is not our problem!

You clearly haven't read through this thread.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good job, Ghosty.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Good job, Ghosty.

Thanks brother.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Do you think Lewis is really gone after this season? He came back strong, no?

GOFD - thoughts?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home