There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmys 1st Day Mock

1 a. Taylor Mays S The big safety we need that can put fear into recievers and RBs who get too close. Lewis is done and its time we get ourselves a SS that can make some plays. We could try him as FS but his place im my mind is at SS. His power n speed would only help our rush D and dare I say pass rush issues.

1 b. Trent Williams OT Its real simple if he is there we take him our RT situation just sucks. If he isnt we could take a CB but we should probably take the next best OT availiable.

2. Eric Norwood OLB The guy can help improve a stagnant pass rush filled with inconsistent OLB rushers. He has all the pass rush moves and is a highly motivated and talented individual. A real good fit for our 3-4 and would be more than a situational player than Brooks is. He would compete for starting time from the get with his talent. Highly unlikely hes here in the 2nd but its possible so im taking him here. You can never go wrong with having too many guys who can rush the passer. Given our problems getting offenses off teh field on 3rd downs he makes alot of sense to me.

Still a early thing and hope ya all dont mind my picks
Did you watch the Emerald Bowl? Taylor Mays was invisible, just like he was for most of this year. He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. PASS!
No defense in R1. Compared to the Niners' offense, its defense is fine.
I actually think with the emergence of Brooks, that our pass rush is ok and that it's not necessary to use a 2nd round pick on an OLB. We can use a latter round pick to address depth.

I would like to see a CB taken with our first couple picks. And yes, I saw the Emerald Bowl and Mays was responsible for the blown coverage on one play that resulted in a TD pass.

-9fA
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
1 a. Taylor Mays S The big safety we need that can put fear into recievers and RBs who get too close. Lewis is done and its time we get ourselves a SS that can make some plays. We could try him as FS but his place im my mind is at SS. His power n speed would only help our rush D and dare I say pass rush issues.

1 b. Trent Williams OT Its real simple if he is there we take him our RT situation just sucks. If he isnt we could take a CB but we should probably take the next best OT availiable.

2. Eric Norwood OLB The guy can help improve a stagnant pass rush filled with inconsistent OLB rushers. He has all the pass rush moves and is a highly motivated and talented individual. A real good fit for our 3-4 and would be more than a situational player than Brooks is. He would compete for starting time from the get with his talent. Highly unlikely hes here in the 2nd but its possible so im taking him here. You can never go wrong with having too many guys who can rush the passer. Given our problems getting offenses off teh field on 3rd downs he makes alot of sense to me.

Still a early thing and hope ya all dont mind my picks

No to Mays, Yes to Williams and no to Norwood.
1. RT
1. CB
2. LG
3. KR/WR
4. S
5. OLB
6. ?
7. ?
we dont need a saftey, Goldson is solid and so is Lewis, plus SMith and Roman who has much improved provided good depth
stopped reading immediately when i saw taylor mays. i swear we better not draft this overrated guy
I really hope the Niners don't take Taylor Mays, and that Seattle does.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Give me Bradford instead of Mays and
Just to be an a*****e...

Day 1 this year is only the first round.

Now to be an a*****e for a totally different reason.

That draft would make me wanna commit murder.

Stay the F*CK away from Taylor Mays!!!!
No way with this mock
Any mock with the word Mays is an automatic FAIL.