LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Shifty Back

Assuming we stay with alot of spread sets as we go into next season. I for one think we need a shifty back. Spiller would take one of our two first round picks. Given the neck injury to Best he may drop to the early second but would we move up to get him? My main question is if we dont land one of these two studs who else is in that boat? Would Reggie Bush as a free agent even be a possiblity? Maybe a Noel Divine? Opinions?
Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss. That kid is shifty and explosive.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

wonder where he would grade out 2-3 round area? I'll have to look him up , sounds Sproles ish.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

wonder where he would grade out 2-3 round area? I'll have to look him up , sounds Sproles ish.

i agree he seems like a sproles type -- but i feel like he's still pretty damn raw. not really an RB not really a WR. a tiny percy harvin kind of.... but check OTC's thread on talent -- it's chalked full of this type of stuff. good source. unless mccluster hasn't declared, then you're s**t outta luck lol

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135603

on his board he's got hi at a 3rd round talent -- i just looked.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

i agree he seems like a sproles type -- but i feel like he's still pretty damn raw. not really an RB not really a WR. a tiny percy harvin kind of.... but check OTC's thread on talent -- it's chalked full of this type of stuff. good source. unless mccluster hasn't declared, then you're s**t outta luck lol

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135603

I hope he declared, him being a senior and all...

I'm pretty sure he's a 3rd-4th round guy, and I think he would help us immediately at KR/PR.
after searching his name I believe I watched his last home game on tv they said he was a senior. He's very electric and shift. Would be a great 1-2 punch with gore.
We gotta find one somewhere in draft or FA with playing more spread offense.
just wondering what you guys and especially the usc fans think of joe mcknight? with this driving his gf suv problem goes any further wouldnt surprise me if he declared to get away from it.
Who is that white guy that was up for the heisman, the runningback for stanford or nebraska one of those schools. That Holliday kid from LSU would be a good prkr imo, or like the man said maybe Reggie Bush you know the Saints aint gonna pay him what his contract states they owe him so we should atleast try for him.
Originally posted by filthydogma:
Who is that white guy that was up for the heisman, the runningback for stanford or nebraska one of those schools. That Holliday kid from LSU would be a good prkr imo, or like the man said maybe Reggie Bush you know the Saints aint gonna pay him what his contract states they owe him so we should atleast try for him.

toby gerhart stanford and hes far from the shifty, speed and kr/pr we would love to have
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Dec 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM ]

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
just wondering what you guys and especially the usc fans think of joe mcknight? with this driving his gf suv problem goes any further wouldnt surprise me if he declared to get away from it.

He looks like he is going to stay for his senior season since the Trojans took the pipe this year.
Share 49ersWebzone