There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's Talent Tier Board

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
More additions:

WR Damian Williams of USC Declares.

Quote:
USC wide receiver Damian Williams will forego his senior year and enter the NFL draft, according to multiple sources. Williams, who caught a team-high 58 passes with six touchdowns this season, earned his college degree last week and informed friends he would not be around USC next semester because he would be training for the draft. "There's a lot of indications (he is going pro) because he graduated," USC coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday. "We're talking about it. We haven't had a serious meeting yet. His parents have been around here a lot." Williams would not say Tuesday whether he made his decision and a formal announcement is not expected until after USC plays Boston College in the Emerald Bowl on Saturday. "I don't know," he said. "I'm playing football this week. We'll talk about it later." But he also questioned the benefit of returning for another season, especially after being named USC's Most Valuable Player this season and demonstrating he can be a dangerous punt returner with two touchdowns. "How much better of a college player can I be?" Williams said. "That's what I have to weigh." Williams said he applied for an evaluation of his draft status with the NFL but did not know the results yet. The NFL is notorious for being conservative in its evaluation, however, because it does not want to encourage players to go pro. This is the second straight year Williams applied for an evaluation. - Scott Wolf, The Daily Breeze

Does he have the speed to be our stretch the field guy?
It's cool that he graduated.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
More additions:

WR Damian Williams of USC Declares.

Quote:
USC wide receiver Damian Williams will forego his senior year and enter the NFL draft, according to multiple sources. Williams, who caught a team-high 58 passes with six touchdowns this season, earned his college degree last week and informed friends he would not be around USC next semester because he would be training for the draft. "There's a lot of indications (he is going pro) because he graduated," USC coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday. "We're talking about it. We haven't had a serious meeting yet. His parents have been around here a lot." Williams would not say Tuesday whether he made his decision and a formal announcement is not expected until after USC plays Boston College in the Emerald Bowl on Saturday. "I don't know," he said. "I'm playing football this week. We'll talk about it later." But he also questioned the benefit of returning for another season, especially after being named USC's Most Valuable Player this season and demonstrating he can be a dangerous punt returner with two touchdowns. "How much better of a college player can I be?" Williams said. "That's what I have to weigh." Williams said he applied for an evaluation of his draft status with the NFL but did not know the results yet. The NFL is notorious for being conservative in its evaluation, however, because it does not want to encourage players to go pro. This is the second straight year Williams applied for an evaluation. - Scott Wolf, The Daily Breeze

Does he have the speed to be our stretch the field guy?

He's likely to run in the high 4.4's -- I wouldn't say he's "blindly fast," but he has pretty good speed.
Nice thought I think Colt McCoy is in the second tier talent wise though I think he's gonna get drafted late 1st high 2nd round I just havn't seen anyting out of the guy this year to be honest
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice thought I think Colt McCoy is in the second tier talent wise though I think he's gonna get drafted late 1st high 2nd round I just havn't seen anyting out of the guy this year to be honest

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until the National Championship -- he flunks there, he drops to the 2nd round of tier 1. That game alone could be the biggest determinant of where he goes.

For now, he's hanging by a thread with a late-1st round grade from me.
Glad to see that you don´t rate Brandon LaFell as high as most do.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Glad to see that you don´t rate Brandon LaFell as high as most do.

For the life of me, I've never understood why he is considered a 1st rounder by so many. I have seen absolutely nothing on the field to indicate that. He's been solid, but unspectacular. He's made some good plays from time to time, and sure he has a good combination of size and speed, but LaFell likely is not going to do all that much more than Michael Clayton is doing right now.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,443
Wow Dan Williams as a 1st round prospect OTC?? I remember you had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick not too long ago.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,148
I am a Gopher, but Decker in the first? Really? After his injures? Really? Really?


Sweet.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow Dan Williams as a 1st round prospect OTC?? I remember you had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick not too long ago.

Williams was oustanding the second half of the year, doing things you just can't measure with stats. When it's all said and done, I may move him to the 2nd round after watching him against Virginia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A bowl, but I think there's a good chance a 3-4 team looking for a new nose tackle will take him in the first, which is where I grade him now.

I know he's catapulted up draft boards, and he's done so on mine as well.


Originally posted by GEEK:
I am a Gopher, but Decker in the first? Really? After his injures? Really? Really?


Sweet.

Just in talent grades, my friend. Decker won't go in the first, barring a miracle, but I absolutely believe he has that kind of talent. Thus, the first round grade.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,443
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow Dan Williams as a 1st round prospect OTC?? I remember you had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick not too long ago.

Williams was oustanding the second half of the year, doing things you just can't measure with stats. When it's all said and done, I may move him to the 2nd round after watching him against Virginia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A bowl, but I think there's a good chance a 3-4 team looking for a new nose tackle will take him in the first, which is where I grade him now.

I know he's catapulted up draft boards, and he's done so on mine as well.


Well good to see he's finally getting that kind of recognition, hes who I'd pick to replace Franklin if he leaves. Williams kind of reminded me of a mix of Wilfork and Ron Brace. big enough to 2-gap, just not as many pass rush moves, same as Brace.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow Dan Williams as a 1st round prospect OTC?? I remember you had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick not too long ago.

Williams was oustanding the second half of the year, doing things you just can't measure with stats. When it's all said and done, I may move him to the 2nd round after watching him against Virginia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A bowl, but I think there's a good chance a 3-4 team looking for a new nose tackle will take him in the first, which is where I grade him now.

I know he's catapulted up draft boards, and he's done so on mine as well.


Well good to see he's finally getting that kind of recognition, hes who I'd pick to replace Franklin if he leaves. Williams kind of reminded me of a mix of Wilfork and Ron Brace. big enough to 2-gap, just not as many pass rush moves, same as Brace.

Would be a nice pickup if could get him in the second round to take over for Franklin.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow Dan Williams as a 1st round prospect OTC?? I remember you had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick not too long ago.

Williams was oustanding the second half of the year, doing things you just can't measure with stats. When it's all said and done, I may move him to the 2nd round after watching him against Virginia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A bowl, but I think there's a good chance a 3-4 team looking for a new nose tackle will take him in the first, which is where I grade him now.

I know he's catapulted up draft boards, and he's done so on mine as well.


Well good to see he's finally getting that kind of recognition, hes who I'd pick to replace Franklin if he leaves. Williams kind of reminded me of a mix of Wilfork and Ron Brace. big enough to 2-gap, just not as many pass rush moves, same as Brace.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Glad to see that you don´t rate Brandon LaFell as high as most do.

For the life of me, I've never understood why he is considered a 1st rounder by so many. I have seen absolutely nothing on the field to indicate that. He's been solid, but unspectacular. He's made some good plays from time to time, and sure he has a good combination of size and speed, but LaFell likely is not going to do all that much more than Michael Clayton is doing right now.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,340
How do you see Colt McCoy as a first round talent?