There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's Talent Tier Board

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I see Trent Williams & Brandon LaFell dropped out of senior bowl. How do you think this will affect their draft stock?

Saw it coming. If Trent cannot demonstrate something outstanding in his workouts, he's going to fall to the last half of the 1st.

LaFell, however, is probably going to stick to being a solid 2nd rounder. I honestly do not feel he will be drafted in the first round unless he torches the turf at the combine. He's not a bad player at all, but I see him as more of an early 2nd round player.

Looking at Mardy Gilyard, I think some teams are going to be scared because he's thin. He's immensely talented, but could drop to the 2nd or at the very worst the 3rd round. I still have seen plenty to label him as a definite 1st-round talent, but projection wise, he should go in the 2nd. I would be quite happy to land him there. Dezmon Briscoe is another player I like in the 2nd to 3rd rounds as well.

Thanks alot, great info.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bad move by Williams, he needs to show well in all these events to be taken in the top 15. He's already seen as just a RT.
Did Williams say why he will no show? Unless he has a good reason I already dont like the attitude.
I'm beginning to think we could move back a few spots & draft Vladimir Ducasse & get an extra 2nd rounder to.
Hey OTC, MadDog or any other draft guru's, how do you think OT Chris Scott from Tennesse will be in the NFL. He was part of an o-line in the SEC who passed alot & didn't give up very man sacks. Could he be a guy teams could grab in the 3rd round & plug in at RT from day one? Thanks for your responses ahead of time.
Hey OTC, MadDog or any other draft guru's, how do you think OT Chris Scott from Tennesse will be in the NFL. He was part of an o-line in the SEC who passed alot & didn't give up very man sacks. Could he be a guy teams could grab in the 3rd round & plug in at RT from day one? Thanks for your responses ahead of time.

Want to jump on the tail end of this and ask about Calloway? Is he a solid third rounder or will he jump into the second? I see him getting better grades after his performance in the Shrine game. He just seems so solid at times and would be an excellent value in the third. I just don't see him lasting that long?

Thoughts?

I love me some Chris Scott, but I think he moves inside in the NFL and has a solid career as a guard for teams with a power running attack. He'd look real nice in the scarlet and gold!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I love me some Chris Scott, but I think he moves inside in the NFL and has a solid career as a guard for teams with a power running attack. He'd look real nice in the scarlet and gold!

I agree fully. He looks like he can struggle at times with quicker defensive ends, and that could be trouble if you're trying to stick him at tackle. I, too, think his greatest chance for success stands at guard in the NFL.
Updates

Movers:

CB Syd'Quan Thompson -- Down to 4th.
DE Greg Hardy -- Down to 2nd.
WR Danario Alexander -- Down to 4th.

CB Kyle Wilson -- Up to 2nd.
OT Rodger Safford -- Up to 3rd.
OG Ducasse -- Up to 2nd.
TE Quarless -- Up to 3rd.

DT Cam Thomas -- added to 4th.
WR Andre Roberts -- added to 4th.
TE Jimmy Graham -- added to 4th.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM ]
Updates

Movers:

OG Ducasse -- Up to 2nd.

OTC:
What would you think of
1A - Iupati
1B - Graham
2 - Kyle Wilson
3 -Safford - Would he make a good enough RT to give us a solid Oline?
4 -Rolle
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM ]
n/m
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Updates

Movers:

OG Ducasse -- Up to 2nd.

OTC:
What would you think of
1A - Iupati
1B - Graham
2 - Kyle Wilson
4 -Rolle

I would be all for that. Good values all around, though perhaps a very slight reach on game -- but he's such an outstanding player, I wouldn't care after landing Iupati. That would be a fine first 5 picks.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Updates

Movers:

OG Ducasse -- Up to 2nd.

OTC:
What would you think of
1A - Iupati
1B - Graham
2 - Kyle Wilson
4 -Rolle

I woul be all for that. Good values all around, though perhaps a very slight reach on game -- but he's such an outstanding player, I wouldn't care after landing Iupati. That would be a fine first 5 picks.

From what I can tell Graham has been wowing people at the Senior Bowl. He might be climbing the boards.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Updates

Movers:

OG Ducasse -- Up to 2nd.

OTC:
What would you think of
1A - Iupati
1B - Graham
2 - Kyle Wilson
4 -Rolle

I would be all for that. Good values all around, though perhaps a very slight reach on game -- but he's such an outstanding player, I wouldn't care after landing Iupati. That would be a fine first 5 picks.

From what I can tell Graham has been wowing people at the Senior Bowl. He might be climbing the boards.

And he very well should be. Nothing has happened to change my view that he is a Top 20 talent. I would be ecstatic to land Graham.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I agree fully. He looks like he can struggle at times with quicker defensive ends, and that could be trouble if you're trying to stick him at tackle. I, too, think his greatest chance for success stands at guard in the NFL.

looks like he had a rough day:

South Team: Bad Days
Tennessee OT Chris Scott -- We came into the week with questions about Scott's ability to handle speed off the edge and thought he might be a better fit at guard, but he failed to show the power necessary to move inside. At one point East Carolina DE C.J. Wilson delivered a strong punch, locked on to Scott's frame and controlled him from there. Later, Troy DE Brandon Lang threw a slap move at Scott and knocked him to the ground. Not only does that raise questions about his core strength it also shows that balance and footwork could be problems for Scott