LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

OTC's Talent Tier Board

Originally posted by tohara3:
Hey OTC, who do you think would be the best fit at cornerback in the draft for the 49ers?

UCLA Alterraun Verner.
OTC, if you were to list the good draft choices and FA signings of McC, then list his disappointing draft choices and FA signings, don't you think you would be calling for McC's firing now, rather than next year?

Just the other day Gary Plummer declared that our team is an 8-8 team talent-wise, nothing more. With his extra picks over the years, McC has had six drafts. He should have filled more holes by now - too many high-pick disppointments.

And the Yorks try to run this team on the cheap; too much cap money sitting on the sidelines, not at work. They seem to be more interested in hiring previously untried, inexpensive HCs, GMs and position coaches, rather than hiring the best that money can buy. You get what you pay for.
Originally posted by excelsior:
OTC, if you were to list the good draft choices and FA signings of McC, then list his disappointing draft choices and FA signings, don't you think you would be calling for McC's firing now, rather than next year?

Just the other day Gary Plummer declared that our team is an 8-8 team talent-wise, nothing more. With his extra picks over the years, McC has had six drafts. He should have filled more holes by now - too many high-pick disppointments.

And the Yorks try to run this team on the cheap; too much cap money sitting on the sidelines, not at work. They seem to be more interested in hiring previously untried, inexpensive HCs, GMs and position coaches, rather than hiring the best that money can buy. You get what you pay for.

can we please get off the cheap crap, the yorks have dished out money left and right for players, Nate($46M), Lewis($32M), J.Smith($45M), Staley($45M), etc...

Im just sick of hearing the bs that we dont spend, we have spent and spent, but have missed on some FA's and Draftees.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

can we please get off the cheap crap, the yorks have dished out money left and right for players, Nate($46M), Lewis($32M), J.Smith($45M), Staley($45M), etc...

Im just sick of hearing the bs that we dont spend, we have spent and spent, but have missed on some FA's and Draftees.

Agree AB83

I believe Scot has failed miserably over time with many misses on many picks and signings and trades. He continues to be given chances to get it right and has another chance this year, but it's getting tiresome watching him falter still.

I think we have some talent though, sometimes we're just not utilizing what we have.

Now someone asked about what CB fits this team the best, and I'm going to say Oklahoma CB Brian Jackson -- big, physical corner at 6-0 200 pounds who kind of fits the Nate Clements mold. Strong in man-to-man and press coverage.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I believe Scot has failed miserably over time with many misses on many picks and signings and trades. He continues to be given chances to get it right and has another chance this year, but it's getting tiresome watching him falter still.

I think we have some talent though, sometimes we're just not utilizing what we have.

Now someone asked about what CB fits this team the best, and I'm going to say Oklahoma CB Brian Jackson -- big, physical corner at 6-0 200 pounds who kind of fits the Nate Clements mold. Strong in man-to-man and press coverage.

I like Jackson a lot too (maybe more as a safety than CB), but I think his teammate Dominique Franks has a little more upside to him (not to mention, has some return experience as well). Franks is about the same size, is quicker than Jackson and seems to have a knack for returning picks/fumbles into TDs. He's not as physical as Jackson, but that's ok given we don't play a ton of press coverage.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I like Jackson a lot too (maybe more as a safety than CB), but I think his teammate Dominique Franks has a little more upside to him (not to mention, has some return experience as well). Franks is about the same size, is quicker than Jackson and seems to have a knack for returning picks/fumbles into TDs. He's not as physical as Jackson, but that's ok given we don't play a ton of press coverage.

I think Oklahoma CB's in general seem to fit the style of play we have here. I'd be glad to land either player on the team, as both possess a great deal of talent. I think we'll ultimately land at least two players with return experience after the revolving door we went through this past year. It would seem foolish to go into next season without a true "guy" and a "back up to the guy" at returner.

Sure, Morgan was good at kicks, but he needs to focus on receiver.

No more Delanie, no more Morgan, Battle, Jones, Robinson back there returning kicks. Robinson can stay and block -- that's fine. But we need a true threat. The return game is huge in the field position battle.

I think Oklahoma CB's in general seem to fit the style of play we have here. I'd be glad to land either player on the team, as both possess a great deal of talent. I think we'll ultimately land at least two players with return experience after the revolving door we went through this past year. It would seem foolish to go into next season without a true "guy" and a "back up to the guy" at returner.

No more Delanie, no more Morgan, Battle, Jones, Robinson back there returning kicks. Robinson can stay and block -- that's fine. But we need a true threat. The return game is huge in the field position battle.

Scott seems to be the master of drafting backups especially in the 6th round. Backups who turn into solid backups. We need talent, explosion, zip or whatever you want to call "it".
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Scott seems to be the master of drafting backups especially in the 6th round. Backups who turn into solid backups. We need talent, explosion, zip or whatever you want to call "it".

Thanks for the answer on the CB. I agree we need to have at least 2 return guys going in to next season for sure
OTC, whats your thoughts on South Carolina Junior DE Clifton Geathers? I hear he declared the other day.

And that SMU RB, name i cant remember declared.

OTC, whats your thoughts on South Carolina Junior DE Clifton Geathers? I hear he declared the other day.

Shawnbrey McNeal

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:53:59 ]

Middle-late round guy. 4th rounder. Great measurables, but he should have stayed in school. He's not quite ready, but he has the upside and tools to do well like his brother.

McNeal better hope he works out well. I think the NFL projected him about right, saying he'd be a 4th-6th rounder. I don't think he'll go until somewhere around the 6th.

Middle-late round guy. 4th rounder. Great measurables, but he should have stayed in school. He's not quite ready, but he has the upside and tools to do well like his brother.

McNeal better hope he works out well. I think the NFL projected him about right, saying he'd be a 4th-6th rounder. I don't think he'll go until somewhere around the 6th.

F(ck. We lose sanders and Mcneal in the same off-season, i hope June can bring us some more weapons with this years' class.
Noticed Geathers wasn't on the board yet. Added.
I have added the following player to my 4-Round Board:

NT Linval Joseph (East Carolina), who is a massive 6-5 322 (5.32), played terrific for East Carolina. I would be ecstatic to land him as a successor to Franklin. 3rd round grade.

Note: FS/DB Dennis Rogan (Tennessee) could elevate himself, but I see him as an early 5th right now.
Share 49ersWebzone