LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

MadDog's Winter Solstice First Round Mock

This would be an excellent draft!!!

Hopefully we could also figure out a way to land Iupati also. I wouldn't expect him to be available when we pick in the 2nd round so I suspect we would have to trade up to get him.

So, when does Version 1 of the Big board come out anyway??
Originally posted by mayo63:
Yeah, but to take a guard with a first round pick? Ughh...I don't know.

It's not pretty but it will solidify our o-line for years.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know guys, I think we're ok with Clements and Spencer for a couple more years. I think we need to go OLB or WR with that 2nd first rounder.

I'm afraid I disagree. We need upgrades across the secondary. We regularly get burned on major plays that lose us close games. Indy, Favre etc. I disagree with MadDog also because I think an improved secondary can provide our faltering pass rush with more time to get to the QB.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Hopefully we could also figure out a way to land Iupati also. I wouldn't expect him to be available when we pick in the 2nd round so I suspect we would have to trade up to get him.

This week.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

This week.

Originally posted by jreff22:

This week.

Originally posted by jreff22:

This week.

That's where Stiller got his "do it" from in Starsky and Hutch.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by bergy07:
MD is it just me or does it seem like after the 9ers selected Lawson, and to this point have gotten a so-so performance from rushing the QB in terms of sacks from him, they are leaning more towards taking the time to develop journey men / late round prospects (A. Brooks, D. Briggs, P. Haralson) than they are to draft a Brian Orakpo type player early in the drafts to follow?

Do you think they can still be a dominant defense without a 'superstar' pass rusher?

I love Lawson, but at this point he needs to be traded. He simply is not a 3-4 OLB.

what are scott mcloughan's criteria for an outside linebacker???? i mean. i heard one reason they traded to panthers rather than taking everette brown was that brown did not have right build or criteria to play outside linebacker in niners 3-4

I believe I read one of the beat writers state that Brown was graded a third rounder by the team. So, the team was not going to be able to draft him.

And, looking back, the team was probably right. He just doesn't look comfortable in the NFL, and his productivity has been really low.

I'm not sure what the team is looking for in a Will or Sam backer. The team thought they could convert Manny into their prime rush backer out of college, and it just hasn't worked out. He's simply much better in a 4-3 scheme. The team seems pretty high on Brooks, so I think they are going to bypass the position once again in the draft.

Maddog--what is you take on ole miss greg hardy---i have read some reports saying he might be the best pure pass rusher in draft, but he has character & injury concerns...i would think he could make conversion to olb from def end, as i know for a while ole miss ran him at wide receiver for some plays (and he scored at least once).....if he drops to niners in rd 2, would they be able to pass him up?
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
don't you think either denver/oakland/buffalo will draft Rolando McClain? all of them need a Pwilly in their Defense.

EDIT: nvm just realized ROland hasn't declared yet.

if he does declare I think either one of the three teams I mentioned above will draft him.
[ Edited by ptinerocket on Dec 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone