LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Sam Bradford

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
um....no.

Um why? I see people posting about trading those picks to get Okung?? If thats the case then use them to get a franchise QB instead.

because we don't need to start over with a rookie qb. And we don't need to give up that many picks in a deep draft when we could use them instead to get multiple starters.

I can see that but in order to be a great team we need a great QB. If Smith doesn't work we may not have the draft picks like we do know to move up and get a good QB. looking at the current crop of college QB's there won't be a good one around for us to draft if we're constantly picking in the middle rounds.

I agree with the great QB thing, but how do you know Bradford will be a great QB? Not worth the risk IMO.
No, for the first time in years we have consistency at OC, a stellar OL coach and a healthy QB with good offensive weapons. I am sick and tired of starting over from scrath every year, we finally have an ounce of consistency so let's at least see what we can do with it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
um....no.

Um why? I see people posting about trading those picks to get Okung?? If thats the case then use them to get a franchise QB instead.

because we don't need to start over with a rookie qb. And we don't need to give up that many picks in a deep draft when we could use them instead to get multiple starters.

I can see that but in order to be a great team we need a great QB. If Smith doesn't work we may not have the draft picks like we do know to move up and get a good QB. looking at the current crop of college QB's there won't be a good one around for us to draft if we're constantly picking in the middle rounds.

I agree with the great QB thing, but how do you know Bradford will be a great QB? Not worth the risk IMO.

I don't know he will be a great but he does so many things very well. The reality is if Smith doesn't do well this year we WILL be drafting a QB next year and those prospects, outside of Mallett and Lockyer, don't look very good. I just see us getting into this medicroe spiral of being just an "ok" team without a QB and I just don't think Smith has the "swagger" to be great.
um....no.

I'm not saying we need to start him this year, I actually would prefer him to sit a year. The worse thing that could happen is we end up in a situation like the Chagers had with Brees and Philips. If this draft is as deep as you say then this is the perfect time to give up picks true?
This is Smith's last chance. If he fails, he better be gone next year.
um....no.

I'm not saying we need to start him this year, I actually would prefer him to sit a year. The worse thing that could happen is we end up in a situation like the Chagers had with Brees and Philips. If this draft is as deep as you say then this is the perfect time to give up picks true?

No, we desperately need those picks. And trading two first rounders for a qb who may or may not bust doesn't sound great to me.
Bradford will go to the Rams imo. No way we would trade all the way up to #1 overall to take him and no way I would do that even if we could. The contract would be a killer.
why on earth would you want Sam?

He ran the spread in college just like the guy alot of people on this board like to hate on.

You think that shoulder of his is going to hold up under the all out attack our qb is under on a consistant basis.

How about fixing the oline first then if things don't pan out this year we look for a differnt qb.
anyone have a list of QB's scheduled to be free agents next season? If (when IMO) Smith proves he isn't the man for the job, he better get the boot!

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:44:07 ]
Originally posted by rk1642:
why on earth would you want Sam?

He ran the spread in college just like the guy alot of people on this board like to hate on.

You think that shoulder of his is going to hold up under the all out attack our qb is under on a consistant basis.

How about fixing the oline first then if things don't pan out this year we look for a differnt qb.

He did run the spread BUT he also ran a lot of plays from under center which is the struggle that most spread QB's have. I don't want him to start this year. Thats the problem, NEXT year there won't be a QB available to us that remotely close to Bradford unless we completely tank this year and i don't see that happening.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
anyone have a list of QB's scheduled to be free agents next season? If (when IMO) Smith proves he isn't the man for the job, he better get the boot!

I don't think we will find a solution in free agency when it come to QB's. You and I both know it is RARE that a franchise QB is allowed to hit free agency.
  • oklasooners
  • Info N/A
thinking outside the box. i like it. sucks itll never happen. If the rams select him we'll need some dbs to stop his laser accurate arm
no.....NO
BUMP

Fail is strong in this thread
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bradford is a pretty overrated player so i would not touch him with either of the 1st round picks. I'm still confused on why hes so highly regarded

Share 49ersWebzone