My First Round Mock:

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by valrod33:
horrible 2nd pick
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Golden Tate sounds like a Heyward-Bey Al Davis type reach to me. Bryant would be the guy if were taking a receiver (highly doubt it). i think were getting an offensive tackle and a random playmaker who can return kicks and punts like spiller, javid best, or a corner who can return too. the only WR i would take that early in the 1st is bryant. and in the second round we get that safety from oregon, i forget his name. this is a very important draft for us and we cant afford to make raideresque mistakes.

Tate was a lot more productive than DHB was in college. DHB is faster, however Tate is the better overall prospect IMHO coming out of college and is much more versatile. Tate also showed the type of player he is by coming up big in big games, and by producing when Floyd went down even though he was often double teamed.

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
As much as I don't agree with the Tate pick (we'd benefit a deep threat-type more), it might not be out of the realm of possibility. Here are my three reasons:

Tate can stretch the field vertically. He will run in the 4.4's.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Absolutely TERRIBLE second pick! The war is won in the trenches. We must get a high quality OTackle. If we can get a better LT than Staley then get him and move Staley to RT and we'll set Gore loose w/open lanes and give Smith time to connect w/ Crabs, VD and Morgan.

This. I say no defensive picks in round 1. With six more TOs yesterday but only two offensive TDs, we need offense.
Share 49ersWebzone