There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Expect a trade on draft day

I doubt we trade our first pick. We're going to be in a perfect position to grab an elite prospect that slides down a bit. However, trading our second pick to move back (8-10 spots) for another 2nd would be ideal. We'd still be in position to draft one of the top RT/OLB prosepects, depending on our needs, which could change after free agency.

I'd love if we were able to trade our 2nd Rd pick for future 1st Rd pick, as we did last year. Every year there seems to be atleast one team that decides to forfeit a future 1st to snatch up a player hanging around in the 2nd round.
Trade UP! want quality!
Originally posted by English:
Trade UP! want quality!

+1, especially in the first round. I think Eric Berry or Suh would make our defense very special.
If the true impact players are out of reach (Suh, Berry, Spiller), I would love to see them trade down in the first round and potentially still pick up a starting right tackle and get some depth (or even pick up some future picks).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by English:
Trade UP! want quality!

+1, especially in the first round. I think Eric Berry or Suh would make our defense very special.

Man oh man, if we could come away with one of the two, they would be the best pick up in the whole off-season. With an automatic off-season grade of an A+....from me at least!!!

I would ABSOLUTELY love to see us get ballsy and trade up that high in the draft for once!!!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I believe we should stay where we are and select two solid players. Last year we took Crabtree over Michael Ohre and Brian Orakpo, this year we are probably going to make up for that.

Select the best OT available with the first pick and then they have to decide whether to take a pass rusher or the best available player with the second pick in round 1