LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Walter Thurmond III

I have watched this guy play at Oregon for the last couple of years and is a legit. He was hurt half of this year due to a knee injury against Cal this season so he should fall a lot lower than he should in the draft. True play maker at the corner position, plays both the pass and run extremely well. Also a very good kick and put returner which is what we need as well..

Not his best game, no one on Oregon had a good game against Boise, but his only game film I could find.

TJ Ward is also a solid play maker at SS who can light people up! Solid tackler and ALWAYS around the ball making plays

One of the best hits i've ever seen right here...
Walt would be great for the 49ers. Would have been late first early second if he didnt get hurt. maybe get him in the third if they dont draft Joe Haden

What year at oregon are u? Im finishing up my fourth year there
Ya i would love to see the niners draft him. I've read he could be a 3rd rounder due to his injury so i'm all for it. I'm a freshman actually, i've just been watching the ducks play for a couple years and always wanted to go there.
Absolutely love both Thurmond and Ward.

Both are Day one talents. Ward should go in the 2nd round, but Thurmond's injuries could push him as far as the 5th, but that would be outstanding if we could land him there.

If Thurmond is able to run and display the athleticism and ability he showed before, he probably will go in the 3rd. Right now, I'm expecting him to go in the 3rd-4th round range.
Sounds like some good pickups. What is Thurmond height & weight?
Originally posted by tohara3:

He's 6'0, 185 Lbs. Ward is A little smaller but well built. They have him listed at 5'11, 208 Lbs.

I would be surprised if Ward went in the 2nd round though, but he is day one no doubt.

about 5-10 183 but still a good tackler, and simply a playmaker. I think size is often overrated. Not every top notch corner is 6-0 200 pounds.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

about 5-10 183 but still a good tackler, and simply a playmaker. I think size is often overrated. Not every top notch corner is 6-0 200 pounds.

Thanks alot. His return ability would really be a plus.
Share 49ersWebzone