There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Mock Draft 0.9

We don't need a CB with our first pick but I like Spiller.
I don't like either Spiller or Haden. Spiller sends the wrong message to Gore who is still a top 5 running back and can catch and run with the best of them. Spiller is great for a change of pace but he have pressing needs elsewhere. Haden once again is solid but we don't have CB problems. We need a player in the secondary that goes after the ball with picks and pass break ups. And OT is a HUGE need. I say we go after Berry and if we can't get him then take Okung with the first pick. With the second pick we could still get Haden. Our FS spot is an issue but Eric Berry and Allen out of FSU are the only upgrades over Goldson in the draft and that is only because of their ballhawking skills.

Oh, and the Chiefs are not going to take Berry. They have major OLine problems and I don't see them going after him. Cleveland is honestly the only team I'm worried about if we're picking in the top 6 which I think we will be.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We don't need a CB with our first pick but I like Spiller.

Agreed. CB should be 3rd or 4th round, unless he can do KR/PR duties, which 2nd round would be OK.
Who uses a 1st round pick to draft a 3rd CB? if they draft Haden he's starting
Originally posted by lamontb:
The saints just drafted Malcolm Jenkins and even with the injuries to their secondary he has mostly been the nickel back
Originally posted by gilwankel:
The saints just drafted Malcolm Jenkins and even with the injuries to their secondary he has mostly been the nickel back

Mabye but I'm sure they didn't intend for him to be a nickel back.
You have completely ignored OLB
Originally posted by gilwankel:

Mabye but I'm sure they didn't intend for him to be a nickel back.
It's his rookie year. So many people expect draft picks to come in and dominate at their position from the first snap which is unrealistic. Plus in today's NFL nickel packages are used so frequently that the nickel back is practically a starter. The fact is that Nate Clements is more than likely going to be gone within the next two years and we would be wise to draft a replacement for him before that happens.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
3rd CB is starting basically. The third CB would be on the field as much as a starter. Teams usually use the match up if they feel there third receiver is better than the other teams 3rd CB. And RB because every successful team and every top RB is on a 2 RB team now. This is the trend of the league and I Feel will add good competition to Gore to make him step his game up
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home