There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Mock Draft 0.9

• tmg808
  • Info N/A
Not really a mock of the whole draft so it couldn't give it a whole number rating.
My hopes for the draft in 2010

* In my future the pass rush will prove itself in the next 4 games and everyone will be satisfied with it. *
* Biggest needs are Secondary starters and depth, Strong Offensive Line and depth*

1. CB J Haden - can be the third corner and truly push Clements for starting job. Has locked down most of the top receivers coming into the drat.
1. RB C J SPiller - explosive returner and RB, also adds needed depth to backfield. Can kill two birds with 1 stone.
2. OG Rodney Hudson or Mike Iupati - Either could come in and start right away. Hudson is a future Randall McDaniel type.
3. OT Jared Veldheer - Athletic, works hard in weight room, I like him too.
4. FS Robert Johnson - Play making FS, that can possibly play both safety postitions
5. SS Myron Rolle - Rhode Scholar, good athlete, team leader, can be the QB of the Defense. Lewis has been injured often and career is close to being over.
6. OG Shawn Lauvao - Plays both Tackle and OG, adds depth to the Line. Strong, stout lineman that can help with the run.
7. WR Brandon Banks - Pure speed that can add another dimension to 49ers slot receiver.

Possible Free Agent Pick Ups
WR Terrell Owens - I think the WR can learn from his determination on the field.
OL Mankins -
OLB Daryl Tapp - depth at pass rusher
ILB Larry Foote - Another tough linebacker that can fill the gaps

Player to Resign
Tony Pashos- OT that would be the starter going into the season.
Dre Bly - Will play intended posiiton 4th CB on the team.
Franklin - 49ers best interior lineman

Not on the Team Next Year
Walt Harris - Career probably over
Jeff Ulbrich - Already retired
Issac Bruce - Needs to Retire
Mark Roman - Everybody hates Chris - No everyone hates Mark
David Bass - hasn't been the answer since he has been drafted
Arnaz Battle - still has talent but no future on the team
Barry Simms - won't get resigned if we can't get him for a deal.
Matt Wilhelm - Had a good game but got exposed the next and made Willis look bad.
Britt Miller - Used for special teams only, easily expendable
Chris Patrick - I have no comment on him but i dont think he'll be back
Thomas Clayton - Don't really see him ever getting a real chance

Extend Contracts
Patrick Willis - just hoping, but probably at least a year away.
Venon Davis
Alex Smith - Would prevent from overpaying again when contract comes up.

May be cut
Brandon Jones - not likely, but if he fails the rest of the year wont be a surprise
Jason Hill - More of the coaches decision then my opinion.
Marques Harris - Did he already get cut??

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 15, 2009 at 03:29:32 ]
Good oline and backfield draft. I certainly do not want Owens on the team, I think it is time for our WRs to go forward.

I do see a couple of areas of lack and that is in pass rush and Punt return. These need to be seriously addressed.
No to Owens.

Bly is not coming back as a 4th CB. He'll be in the market at least as a 2nd CB and some team will pay him his due.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Spiller is a punt returner as well so thats what I meant by two birds with 1 stone.. back up RB and punt returner.

Dre Bly has did nothing this year to make anyone believe that he can be the 2nd CB on any team. The most remember-able thing he has done this year is get an interception and get stripped.

(Broncos released CB Dre' Bly.
That's five defensive starters axed in two days. Including Monday's cuts, Denver has saved over $28 million against the salary cap. Bly was due $3.25 million in 2009 with a $6.5 cap charge, but he was a bust after the Broncos traded for him two years ago, getting burnt relentlessly one on one. Turning 32 this spring, Bly will be hard pressed to find a starting job as a free agent.
Source: Denver Post
)

Why no TO??? Bring the swagger back..

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 13, 2009 at 09:53:25 ]
Overall...not bad. I doubt Iupati makes it to our second round pick. I'm not sure if Rolle will make it to the 5th round either. OTC previously said he could as high as 3rd and as low as 5th. Last i heard, He has still been working out and preparing for the draft so i doubt he makes it past the 4th round.
I like some of the things you did, but way too much focus on our biggest needs. I mean, sign Mankins and draft a 2nd round OG? The team is not giving up on the raw and young, yet physically gifted Rachal just yet. Half of these guys wouldn't make the team based on the bottlneck at their positions created by this scenario. Otherwise good. I like the first 2 picks
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I like some of the things you did, but way too much focus on our biggest needs. I mean, sign Mankins and draft a 2nd round OG? The team is not giving up on the raw and young, yet physically gifted Rachal just yet. Half of these guys wouldn't make the team based on the bottlneck at their positions created by this scenario. Otherwise good. I like the first 2 picks

Your right, that is probably a little bit of an overkill on the line. But I think the secondary people would push Hudson, Reggie Smith, and Brown for there jobs. They have been on the team too long not to be pushing for starting position or making a big impact on the team. So 3 new secondary people, Roman gone, Hudson I think may get cut, and losing 2 WR use one of those spots to keep an extra safety on board.
Originally posted by tmg808:
Not really a mock of the whole draft so it couldn't give it a whole number rating.

* In my future the pass rush will prove itself in the next 4 games and everyone will be satisfied with it. *
* Biggest needs are Secondary starters and depth, Strong Offensive Line and depth*

1. CB J Haden - can be the third corner and truly push Clements for starting job. Has locked down most of the top receivers coming into the drat.
1. RB C J SPiller - explosive returner and RB, also adds needed depth to backfield. Can kill two birds with 1 stone.
2. OG Rodney Hudson or Mike Iupati - Either could come in and start right away. Hudson is a future Randall McDaniel type.
4. FS Robert Johnson - Play making FS, that can possibly play both safety postitions
5. SS Myron Rolle - Rhode Scholar, good athlete, team leader, can be the QB of the Defense. Lewis has been injured often and career is close to being over.
6. OG Shawn Lauvao - Plays both Tackle and OG, adds depth to the Line. Strong, stout lineman that can help with the run.
7. WR Brandon Banks - Pure speed that can add another dimension to 49ers slot receiver.

WR Terrell Owens - I think the WR can learn from his determination on the field.
OL Mankins -

Player to Resign

Matt Wilhelm - Had a good game but got exposed the next and made Willis look bad.

Extend Contracts
Venon Davis

May be cut
Moran Norris - with less use of FB maybe time to go.
Brandon Jones - not likely, but if he fails the rest of the year wont be a surprise

Not, my friend, for a new poster.

There are a few notes I should add though.

-Hudson may be unlikely to declare for the draft; he's a junior.
-I'd probably flip Veldheer and Johnson, Veldheer is more likely to be available in the 4th.
-I'd eliminate one safety, because two is overkill, and the pass rush is not addressed at all, outside of Daryl Tapp, who will probably be re-signed
-Lastly, Spiller might not make it to that second 1st-rounder..
You gotta draft Iupati in the second round. The guy has the most talent of any OG comming out of college in years. As well, although Rachal is talented and physically gifted, he is atrocious against the pass and I have almost lost all hope for him. Potential and athleticism will only get you so far in the NFL. DRAFT IUPATI!
Otherwise I like the draft (would like to see an upgrade a OT, but skill positions are always useful).
Just to add, Brandon Banks just got arrested. He's not going to be drafted.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

OL Mankins -

Player to Resign

Extend Contracts
Venon Davis

May be cut

-I'd probably flip Veldheer and Johnson, Veldheer is more likely to be available in the 4th.
-I'd eliminate one safety, because two is overkill, and the pass rush is not addressed at all, outside of Daryl Tapp, who will probably be re-signed

-I think bringing two safteies in means either Taylor or Smith doesn't make the team and Roman is already gone so I don't feel its an over kill.

-I hope Bobby Bowden leaving will encourage Hudson to declare but yeah not a sure thing.

-Spiller will depend on his speed, if he doesn't show elite speed than he could drop fast.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

OL Mankins -

Player to Resign

Extend Contracts
Venon Davis

May be cut

-I think bringing two safteies in means either Taylor or Smith doesn't make the team and Roman is already gone so I don't feel its an over kill.

-I hope Bobby Bowden leaving will encourage Hudson to declare but yeah not a sure thing.

-Spiller will depend on his speed, if he doesn't show elite speed than he could drop fast.

Smith isn't going anywhere and Spiller will post fantastic numbers on a bad day.
I can see a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think the Niners are taking a RB with a top 15 pick.
Everyone was shocked when the Vikings took Adrian Peterson when they had Chester Taylor. I'm not comparing Peterson to Spiller but just saying... just cuz we have a great RB already doesn't mean we shouldn't take a RB with elite speed. He fills the need of a gamebreaker on offense as well as a returner who we REAAALLLYYY need!!
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Hopper:
I can see a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think the Niners are taking a RB with a top 15 pick.

Well maybe because the 2 RB system has been key for every successful team in the league right now. A RB like Spiller wouldn't have to carry the ball 20 times to have an effect on the football game. I feel he is a back that will allow Gore to remain the work horse but he can add explosiveness and the ability to turn small plays into touchdowns. Or possibly Reggie Bush could come in FA, but there is definitely a need for another RB on the team to have an effect on the offense other than blocking.