There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should We Tank?

Should We Tank?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at a Mike Singletary team tanking
Over the long haul we probably benefit more with the wins. A prideful group these pros.
Haven't we been tanking already?

As much as I would love a better shot at drafting Eric Berry, I have to look back at how badly we screwed up last year's draft, and I just don't have a lot of hope.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RDB4216:

As much as I would love a better shot at drafting Eric Berry, I have to look back at how badly we screwed up last year's draft, and I just don't have a lot of hope.

We didn't screw up last year's draft at all
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by RDB4216:

We didn't screw up last year's draft at all

Did we address the pass rush at all? No.
Did we address the O-line at all? No.

We say we want to be a power running team that can impose our wills over other teams, yet do NOTHING to make that happen. Last year there were so many pieces available, and we took none of them. So yes, outside of Crabtree, we completely screwed up that draft.
yea so the whole world can make fun of us for losing to the Rams and Lions?

I want to see how Alex Smith does the rest of the season, I want us to murder those sorry ass teams we have left. I want to see how Smith plays out the rest of the season, why the hell would I want us to lose? f**k a better pick
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
hell no. let's finish the season 9-7 ! let's hope carolina tanks for us

No, we should be trying to implement our offense for next year. We need to use this valuable time to try and win and build on something.

But if we do tank it will be cool. The season is all but over!
No we shouldn't tank. The 49ers should play every game is if they had a shot at the playoffs.

Needless to say, tanking would cost us not only in dollars (signing higher draft choices) but also would negatively impact players who might be leaning towards signing with us (FA) and our base team now.
Tanking is a disrespect for the game. You play for respect. Think about the Lions. Thye went 0-16, but they still tried, Y? cuz its an embaressment to the nfl. plus sing would never allow it.
No Tanks! (pun intended)
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Tanking is a disrespect for the game. You play for respect. Think about the Lions. Thye went 0-16, but they still tried, Y? cuz its an embaressment to the nfl. plus sing would never allow it.

No one needs to know we didnt try. A "turf toe" here and an "ingrown nail" there would be plenty to take out Patrick Willis and Alex Smith. In fact we'd be commended for even suiting up without two of our leaders.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

THIS.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

THIS.