LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Elite Players at sooo many positions

Secondary
-FS/SS: Eric Berry may be the best safety prospect...ever? At least in the last decade

LB
-MLB: Rolando McClain is exactly what we need at ILB...someone to call the defense-and he's one of the elite at this.

-OLB: No elite talent but soooo much depth. Hughes, Grahm, Miller, Lang, Norwood, Kindle, Sapp, Hardy and more that I'm forgetting!

DL
-NT: Cody is as good of a NT prospect as has come out in years
-DE: There are others, but I won't even bother putting them next to this guy...SUH!

O-Line
-OT: Once again great depth, with 3 phenomenal prospects in Okung, Bulauga and Brown

-OG: Iputi...this is a pretty rare athlete

RB
Powerbacks like Gerhart or Speedsters like Spiller/Best, we can get whichever one we want!

WR
Once again more of a depth draft, but so many to name here. Bryant is close to elite, Gilyard, Williams, Tate, Shipley and many others provide great depth all the way through round 3.

KR/PR
I've already talked about how this is one of the deepest drafts for elite kick-off and punt returners. This is a huge area of need.

QBs
The two best are likely franchise QBs, Bradford has a rediculous ceiling, and guys like Pike can be had later in the draft. Remember Snead? He'll be a mid-rounder! A very good year for QBs as well

I'm just excited for having 3 picks in the top 50 picks with so many great prospects at all positions available
I don't think Snead is coming out this year. Pretty sure he has one more year of eligibility left and with as crappy a year as he's had, why not use it? He needs another year of school. But yea, there are hella good players in this draft.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I'm just excited for having 3 picks in the top 50 picks with so many great prospects at all positions available

this.

my god, we can get 3 long-term starters! a starting OT, a starting DE/OLB monster, and a starting CB. please Scot, DRAFT THE RIGHT PLAYERS! watch him get like... Jahvid Best at #12
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Berry+Haden+OL would be great.
both 1st round picks = skill postions
2nd round = Oline
3rd round = Oline
4th round and on = BPA
I want two immediate starters with our first two picks. Then pick for need.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I want two immediate starters with our first two picks. Then pick for need.
first round: bpa that is not a tight end

we could use anyone really
Originally posted by teeohh:
first round: bpa that is not a tight end

we could use anyone really

You bring up something interesting. Now there's not a TE that I really like in this draft, but if there were, wouldn't VD and another TE who is perhaps less dominant but more reliable make an interesting compliment to VD? I think Walker is good, but if the value is there I wouldn't take TE out of the equation...not in the 1st of course
Clausen will go before Bradford and he doesnt make your list?

I think I'd grade Dan Williams higher than Cody at this point. Mt. Cody is slipping down draft boards, and is no longer a first round lock. His weight and mobility are a giant liability, and he is tremendously overrated as a prospect at this point.

That being said, he has time to drop a few pounds, show he is in shape, and can play at the next level effectively. I have a feeling scouts are concerned about his play this year.
Suh , elite DT for sure. Dez Elite wr , there's no elite CB's as far as Im concerned, Patrick Robinson only because Im a FSU fan.
In your OT prospects, you left out Anthony Davis, who might grade out as the second best OL in this draft. It depends if he wants to come out.
This statements is what makes this draft sooooooo exciting, best draft in a long time. I can see so many directions to go, but BPA except for TE and QB, IMO. I see a jump in QBs from those in the teens like the Jets last year possibly to push more great players toward us like Berry or Okung, but I doubt that.

I honestly believe that those two will be gone when we pick with Carolina's. Top 10 still won't get them.

So keep pick or trade down?

• TX9R
  • Veteran
For all the ripping our GM gets, you have to admit the trade for another 1st rounder in this draft showed great foresight and puts us in a great position to make a major improvement in the talent for this team.
Share 49ersWebzone