There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My early offseason mock

First Im not expecting any changes in the front office. But if we added anyone it'd be Holmgren but who knows about that really. This is just my armchair draft and a couple free agents I'd add.


1(a). Eric Berry SS Tenn ( replaces M.Lewis)
1(b). Jahvid Best RB Cal ( gives us the speed guy we need)
2. Matt Reynolds OT BYU ( can be our RT of the future)
3. Javier Arenas KR/CB Bama (answers questions at KR and depth at CB)
4. George Selvia OLB SouthFL. (probably a Parys replacement)
5. Jordan Shipley WR Tex (slot guy)
6. John Bender G Nevada (depth at guard)
7. Boris Lee ILB Troy (st's and depth at LB if Takeo leaves us)

Free Agents - Logan Mankins ( we need something other then Chilo or Baas) , Shawn Merriman.

Most of my mocks are off tremendously but I look decent on paper.:)
jahvid we can get in later rounds lol, i mean i see him being there still in the 2nd or even third cause of his injury.
1b should be an OT. if eric berry isn't available at 1a (which I hope we're not that far up, but would be happy nonetheless) it should be an OT. and after the OT 1b should then be CJ Spiller or Joe Haden.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 9, 2009 at 17:11:06 ]
You honestly think our pass rush is fine?

Or do you think Shawne Merriman will fix everything?
11 sacks intthe past 2 games... pass rush is coming along. People forget that Parys and Manny are both young and are still evolving... Depth is a must but we dont need a Merriman type (ridiculous salary demands and potential bust)... Yes I said it, Merriman will probbaly never be as good as he was.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
First Im not expecting any changes in the front office. But if we added anyone it'd be Holmgren but who knows about that really. This is just my armchair draft and a couple free agents I'd add.


1(a). Eric Berry SS Tenn ( replaces M.Lewis)
1(b). Jahvid Best RB Cal ( gives us the speed guy we need)
2. Matt Reynolds OT BYU ( can be our RT of the future)
3. Javier Arenas KR/CB Bama (answers questions at KR and depth at CB)
4. George Selvia OLB SouthFL. (probably a Parys replacement)
5. Jordan Shipley WR Tex (slot guy)
6. John Bender G Nevada (depth at guard)
7. Boris Lee ILB Troy (st's and depth at LB if Takeo leaves us)

Free Agents - Logan Mankins ( we need something other then Chilo or Baas) , Shawn Merriman.

Most of my mocks are off tremendously but I look decent on paper.:)

Arenas is as an explosive returner as I have seen in college football in some time. Living in Bama, I have seen him play quite a bit and would sure be thrilled if the Niners got him as a return man. As a DB prospect he is a little undersized at 5'8 or 5'9 but is powerfully built (about 200 pounds). He is very aggressive and lethal when blitzing. May not be a starting DB but I think he might do very well in nickel or dime packages. I think this would be a good thrid round pick.
Originally posted by northshore:
11 sacks intthe past 2 games... pass rush is coming along. People forget that Parys and Manny are both young and are still evolving... Depth is a must but we dont need a Merriman type (ridiculous salary demands and potential bust)... Yes I said it, Merriman will probbaly never be as good as he was.

Pass rush is not coming along. Pass rush is being schemed and is VERY inconsistent.

We do need a guy who will be like Merriman in his prime. Someone who doesn't need scheming to get a pass rush. Someone the other team has to game plan for and account for on every passing attempt. With guys like that the other team plays much better.

Haralson has been very disappointing. I love Manny but so has he at least in terms of rushing the passer. We need a pass rusher REAL bad. But we get one and the guys on the other side start doing much better because of it.
Im not going to make a huge argument for merriman other then I'd rather have him 2 seasons off his knee injury. Even rather then an much older Peppers.
Originally posted by genus49:
You honestly think our pass rush is fine?

Or do you think Shawne Merriman will fix everything?

7th in the league is pretty good
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,332
I know I said anything is possible, but George Selvie in the 4th round??
My eyes hurt. Otis, the rounds projections here are really off.

Not meaning to be rude or anything, this is just a little unreasonable, my friend.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
My eyes hurt. Otis, the rounds projections here are really off.

Not meaning to be rude or anything, this is just a little unreasonable, my friend.

Being this early anyone can drop anytime. You know as well as I how fast did , Branch drop from a top 10 pick a few years back to Arizona getting him in the second? Its almost impossible to project rounds this early other then the first rounders. why do your eyes hurt they should feel good.I assume your talking about George and or Shipley?

[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Dec 10, 2009 at 05:49:26 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by genus49:
You honestly think our pass rush is fine?

Or do you think Shawne Merriman will fix everything?

7th in the league is pretty good


Do you watch this team or just look at box scores?

Just because we have sacks doesn't mean we have consistent pass rush. Once again...our pass rush is due to scheming and blitzing. You need a guy who can rush the passer and actually RUSH THE PASSER. If you're constantly blitzing or scheming it means the other guys can be out of position if we get out schemed.

Look at our Atlanta game...we got killed cuz we couldn't get to Ryan and when we blitzed they picked it up and we got murdered on long plays.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
First Im not expecting any changes in the front office. But if we added anyone it'd be Holmgren but who knows about that really. This is just my armchair draft and a couple free agents I'd add.


1(a). Eric Berry SS Tenn ( replaces M.Lewis)
1(b). Jahvid Best RB Cal ( gives us the speed guy we need)
2. Matt Reynolds OT BYU ( can be our RT of the future)
3. Javier Arenas KR/CB Bama (answers questions at KR and depth at CB)
4. George Selvia OLB SouthFL. (probably a Parys replacement)
5. Jordan Shipley WR Tex (slot guy)
6. John Bender G Nevada (depth at guard)
7. Boris Lee ILB Troy (st's and depth at LB if Takeo leaves us)

Free Agents - Logan Mankins ( we need something other then Chilo or Baas) , Shawn Merriman.

Most of my mocks are off tremendously but I look decent on paper.:)

Arenas is as an explosive returner as I have seen in college football in some time. Living in Bama, I have seen him play quite a bit and would sure be thrilled if the Niners got him as a return man. As a DB prospect he is a little undersized at 5'8 or 5'9 but is powerfully built (about 200 pounds). He is very aggressive and lethal when blitzing. May not be a starting DB but I think he might do very well in nickel or dime packages. I think this would be a good thrid round pick.

I'm gonna have to see more of him playing. He looks okay from what I have seen.
Jahvid in the spread