LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

GOLDEN TATE

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Quote:
• The consensus in Seattle is that second-round WR Golden Tate has been a disappointment. "Yeah, especially where they took him," said one team insider. "He has unbelievable athletic ability, but he's just not really NFL-ready."

Rumors-Profootballweekly.com

at everyone who predicted he would turn into a superstar!

Wow, just wow. Is this not his rookie year ?

Yeah he should have 1200+ receiving yards by now, all rookie WR's come out and ball in their 1st year, I mean look at Roddy White and what a baller he was in those first 2 years....oh wait Roddy didn't become a baller until year 3.

Put a pin in it for 3 years and I'll be laughing twice as hard then!
He's more like Golden Taint this year.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Quote:
• The consensus in Seattle is that second-round WR Golden Tate has been a disappointment. "Yeah, especially where they took him," said one team insider. "He has unbelievable athletic ability, but he's just not really NFL-ready."

Yeah he should have 1200+ receiving yards by now, all rookie WR's come out and ball in their 1st year, I mean look at Roddy White and what a baller he was in those first 2 years....oh wait Roddy didn't become a baller until year 3.

Yeah let's write him off right now. There is no chance he could ever develop.

If anybody deserves to laugh right now it's everyone else laughing at you for thinking Golden Tate has no chance to ever live up to his potential after just 15 weeks of the NFL season. You are not doing yourself any favors in the credibility department.
im gonna laugh at him for breaking into a donut shop
  • evil
  • Veteran
From the Seattle times a few weeks ago :

Quote:
Pete Carroll said Tate didn't miss a down this week in practice and his playmaking ability is obvious. Picking up the finer details of the position, however, took the speedy second-round choice some time.

"I think with Golden, sitting out for a couple weeks helped him a little bit," Carroll said. "He'll tell you that. In the middle of the fray, sometimes you can't make the adjustments and can't see as clearly."

Along with using the time off to heal, Tate used it to improve.

He studied film and paid attention to what makes his teammates successful. How Deon Butler separates from a defender. How Williams gets open downfield. How Brandon Stokley prepares for a game.

Tate also took the time to ask questions. Why is my coach telling me this? Why does this play work or not work? Why do I have 10 catches in six games?

"I found a lot of answers taking the time to think about it," he said.

The lessons from earlier struggles have sunk in. Now it's time to apply them. And glimpses of Tate's potential have already been seen, especially in a pair of attention-grabbing big plays against the Denver Broncos in Week 2.

Producing consistently can take time though, according Seahawks offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, and the growing process for receivers can vary. Tate's chance to shine will be dependent on his commitment to improve.

"Either you get better or you get worse, you never stay the same," Bates said. "It depends on how you take it as far as being a professional, and I think he studied other wide receivers. I think he studied guys on our team and I think it helped him."

And helped him move forward.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I'm glad NorCal is also aware that this is Golden's 4th year playing WR. He came to ND as a RB, Charlie switched him to WR, used him on ST's andmostly to run go routes as a freshman.

He turned heads in TC this year flashing natural playmaking ability, what the kid really needs is to continue to improve his route running right now.
Agreed KRS, he came as a RB, similar to Battle, he was a QB and then played WR i think his final yr, so he has time to develop.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Quote:

Yeah let's write him off right now. There is no chance he could ever develop.

If anybody deserves to laugh right now it's everyone else laughing at you for thinking Golden Tate chance to ever live up to his potential after just 15 weeks of the NFL season. You are not doing yourself any favors in the credibility department.

Larry Fitzgerald:1st round (3rd overall): 58 Rec. 780 Yards 13.4 Avg. 8 TDs

Roddy White:1st round (27th overall): 29 Rec. 446 Yards 15.4 Avg. 3 TDs

Terrell Owens:3rd round (89th overall): 35 Rec. 520 Yards 14.9 Avg. 4 TDs

Reggie Wayne: 1st round (30th overall) : 27 Rec. 345 Yards 12.8 Avg. 0 TDs

Andre Johnson: 1st round (3rd overall): 66 Rec. 976 Yards 14.8 Avg. 4 TDs

Torry Holt: 1st round (6th overall): 52 Rec. 788 Yards 15.2 Avg. 6 TDs

Steve Smith: 3rd round (74th overall): 10 Rec. 154 Yards 15.4 Avg. 0 TDs
Share 49ersWebzone