LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Tebow to Jags . . . wink nod ?

Don't know how serious to take this but . . . .

Quote:
There's a rumor making the rounds that a wink-nod-sneeze-fart arrangement has been made to ensure that Tebow will be on the board when the Jags pick in round one -- and that no one will trade up to get in position to draft him.

The goal would be to help the Jaguars regain financial viability in Jacksonville via a run on the box office following Tebow's arrival. And that would go a long way toward killing the concept of the Jags becoming the L.A. Leopards or the London Shaguars.

PFT Link

From a business point of view it makes total sense. But it would be a ton of pressure.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I just don't see how he'll succeed in the NFL at QB. It'll be a waste of a first round pick.
I hope they pick him. He's going to be a bust IMO, it pushes another good player into the second round.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
They were comparing this to the Cleveland Cavaliers draftin LeBron. Except Tim Tebow isnt a once in a generation talent that can carry an Professional Sports team and the potential to be the GOAT.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I hope they pick him. He's going to be a bust IMO, it pushes another good player into the second round.

This
Love Tebow as person. He's not a bad player. But it'll take him several (probably 3) years to develop, and a first rounder should be ready to start by year two.

Tebow will only be successful if placed in the right system. I think he could have a comparable career to Chad Pennington, honestly.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 8, 2009 at 21:15:39 ]
eff TeeHoe. he ain't going to be shiite in the big boy league. I could see Ray Lewis murk his arse.
so many people hating on Tim lol..

when he has put up PASSING numbers that rival, and in some cases, best, Peyton Mannings college numbers in the SEC...including accuracy..

people know him as a runner and immediately assume he cant throw..

[ Edited by MaliCali on Dec 8, 2009 at 23:36:57 ]
The Jags don't need to waste their first round pick on Tebow. He will still be there at least up to 3rd round.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MaliCali:

when he has put up PASSING numbers that rival, and in some cases, best, Peyton Mannings college numbers in the SEC...including accuracy..

I don't think people deny the production he had as a passer and runner.

It's just I don't know if he'll able to translate that success at the NFL level. He'll need serous improvement on his overall mechanics. And he won't be able to run as much as he did in college.

Originally posted by GEEK:

I don't think people deny the production he had as a passer and runner.

It's just I don't know if he'll able to translate that success at the NFL level. He'll need serous improvement on his overall mechanics. And he won't be able to run as much as he did in college.

I agree...those NFL linebackers are a lot faster than the ones in college. and willis hits a lot harder than those charleston southern LBS

Seriously. I like Tebow and I understand that he'll be a project, but why everyone hates on him is beyond me. He's a winner, a leader, very passionate about the game, and one of the players that fights for every yard. I'm not saying that he would make an immediate impact in the NFL, but a year or two sitting and watching could do him wonders.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I think a wink/ nod deal is unnecessary in telling teams not to take a 3rd round talent in the top 20 picks? Winner, blah blah, gives peeches, blah blah, doesn't change the fact that he has a slow release, isn't all that accurate, and has zero experience in a pro system. He's a less talented VY and everyone ripped him as a QB.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Seriously. I like Tebow and I understand that he'll be a project, but why everyone hates on him is beyond me. He's a winner, a leader, very passionate about the game, and one of the players that fights for every yard. I'm not saying that he would make an immediate impact in the NFL, but a year or two sitting and watching could do him wonders.

Hate is a strong word. I would say that doubt and skepticism better describe most people's feelings about Tebow. I just do not think he will be a very good QB in the NFL and would be soooo pissed if my team took him in rd 1. Having said that, I hope he does well and proves us wrong.
The Jags can have him.
Share 49ersWebzone