LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

The "Perfect" Niner Draft

I would be estatic if this came true. OK.. perfect would be Eric Berry falling to us but I do not see that happening. Short of that, this would be great:

PICK 1A Joe Haden - elite athlete and potential shut down corner. You simply cant get enough of these types of players

PICK 1B CJ Spiller - the perfect compliment to Gore and will make a huge impact right away in the kicking game. He has certainly changed my mind with his amazing performances. I think he would be too good to pass up for an OT here.

After taking these 2 elite athletes the Niners would have to go OL and OLB the rest of the draft. I do believe we can get an outstanding OLB and OT in rounds 2 and 3. Plus, I think we can address the OL in free agency.

PICK 2 - Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham, Eric Norwood, Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp
PICK 3 - Sam Young, Kyle Calloway, Chris Scott

I think this is realistic and would absolutley add elite type athletes and players in positions of need.

Thoughts????????

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:09:55 ]
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Hughes, Kindle and Graham will be first round selections......Although being a Michigan fan I'd KILL for Graham....
Kindle is very overrated. IMO
Great athletes yes . . . but we would need to have signed two FA O-Linemen that projected as starters for me to be comfortable with that draft scenario.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
CB and RB in the first round would not be a perfect scenario to me.
Reasons why I do believe this would be the way to go:

1) Haden and Spiller are the absolute best at their postions and true game changers

2) There is not an OT other than Okung who is worthy of a top 10 selection IMO. There are some solid players that we can draft at RT in rd 3.

3) There are quite a few OLB pass rushers and I do believe there will be a good one
available in rd 2. I also do not see one that is worthy of a top 10 pick
Sam Young? Have you watched the guy play? Did you see him in the Stanford game? No thanks!

Of course, I like the Haden and Hughes picks though.

[ Edited by kronik on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:13:48 ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Sam Young? Have you watched the guy play? Did you see him in the Stanford game? No thanks!

Of course, I like the Haden and Hughes picks though.

Good point. He didnt have a good game there. However, his entire body of work has been pretty solid. There might be better choices for RT at that point and if a good one like Bulaga somehow fell to rd 2 I would grab him there.
im pretty sure at our first pick we have available patrick robinson will still be available...

and i would absolutely love that..
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I get the wanting of a playmaker like SPiller, but the majority of great pass rushers in this league are high draft picks. I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for one in the second. It's been a decade since we had one, one lousy pass rusher and we didn't even draft him, the two we did actually draft, we let leave and star for other teams. One of the 1st rounders had better be an elite PR, it's no coincedence we haven't had a winning season since we last had one. I'm all for waiting later for interior line help and RT, because that's what you can get in later rounds anyway.

Originally posted by MaliCali:
im pretty sure at our first pick we have available patrick robinson will still be available...

and i would absolutely love that..

You mean in the second round, right?
can live with haden and spiller. if berry is gone
Eric Berry or Joe Haden. Or even both if that was possible. That would instantly move our pass defense up 10 spots.

Other main need would be RT in the first.

We should address guard in the second, or through free agency.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I get the wanting of a playmaker like SPiller, but the majority of great pass rushers in this league are high draft picks. I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for one in the second. It's been a decade since we had one, one lousy pass rusher and we didn't even draft him, the two we did actually draft, we let leave and star for other teams. One of the 1st rounders had better be an elite PR, it's no coincedence we haven't had a winning season since we last had one. I'm all for waiting later for interior line help and RT, because that's what you can get in later rounds anyway.

Well.. I guess the question then is who is truly worth being a top 10-15 selection at OLB. Hughes? Graham? They better be really great if we pass on Spiller or haden in my opinion. I just dont know if they are at that level. I know a lot in here think they are however.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
can live with haden and spiller. if berry is gone
Share 49ersWebzone