There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which scenario is more likely to happen(MOCK DRAFT)

Which scenario is more likely to happen(MOCK DRAFT)

• ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
1. Washington: Jimmy Clausen - A start of a new regime needs a new quarterback, jimmy's the most NFL ready quarterback among all prospects
2. Tampa: Ndamukong Suh - obvious pick
3. St Louis: Jake Locker- Franchise QB absolutely needed
4. Detroit: Gerald Mccoy - They dont need OT they dont need WR, so best defense help would be this guy
5. Cleveland: Dez Bryant - really dont think Cleveland would want no.1 overall so it's very likely they will trade down, and they need a WR to help their Brady Queen after trading Edwards. They might also take spiller here.
6. Kansas City: Russel Okung - I can see them taking Okung to protect Cassel, Berry is also a very strong option here.
7. Oakland: Carlos Dunlap - most people think Al Davis will really pick another wr/corner with speed this year, but I really doubt that's happening. I see them landing Dunlap since every other skill position has been filled by busts Al davis drafted previous years.
8. Buffalo Bills Rolando McClain - they need help stoping the run
9. 49ers - Eric Strawberries - Perhaps the best talent available on board, which also happens to be one of 49er's need.
10.Denver- Joe Haden- Imagine Bailey and this guy
11. 49ers - CJ spiller- 49ers again struck gold, with playmakers from both offense and defense set, they however still havn't addressed their top 2. concerns, Oline and Passrush, which will be taken care of through Free Agency and Later rounds(which most likley wont be addressed becuz niners suck at drafting/signing these 2 positions).

Scenario 2.
1. Washington: Clausen
2. Tampa: Ndamukong Suh
3. St louis: Jake Locker
4. Detroit: Gerald McCoy
5. Cleveland: CJ spiller
6. Kansas City: Eric Berry - help their pitiful secondary
7. Oakland: Russel Okung - Raider's line is not absoltely horrible, but having an amazing tackle would help their s**tty offense. othe rpossible picks: dunlap/haden.
8. Buffalo: Carlos Dunlap - they need defense help, and having 2 great wide receivers isn't winning them games (T.O. and Evans) so they avoid Dez Bryant once and if T.O. leaves
9. San fran: Trent Willy - The horrid plays from Snyder will no longer haunt 49ers, with trent williams at Right Tackle, hopefully Chilo will improve his game.
10. Denver: Joe haden
11. San Fran: Jerry Hughes- if this does happen niners should really trade down a couple picks and then draft Jerry Hughes to address their passrush issue.

so basically Playmakers vs. Top need, what do you think? we have neglected passrushers and Oline every season and our Lawson and Haralson isnt panning out, I do beleive that top quality OG can be drafted in the 2nd, and depends on situation we might be able to get a top OT in 2nd and OG third because snyder is horrible garbage

scenario 2 we addressed all our needs because all the good players are picked(if the teams before us are that smart), so we basically fill our need, with possibly a safety (Ras Downling, Darrel Stuckey) in the later rounds

[ Edited by ptinerocket on Dec 8, 2009 at 03:10:54 ]
Originally posted by ptinerocket:
1. Washington: Jimmy Clausen - A start of a new regime needs a new quarterback, jimmy's the most NFL ready quarterback among all prospects
4. Detroit: Gerald Mccoy - They dont need OT they dont need WR, so best defense help would be this guy
5. Cleveland: Dez Bryant - really dont think Cleveland would want no.1 overall so it's very likely they will trade down, and they need a WR to help their Brady Queen after trading Edwards. They might also take spiller here.
6. Kansas City: Russel Okung - I can see them taking Okung to protect Cassel, Berry is also a very strong option here.
7. Oakland: Carlos Dunlap - most people think Al Davis will really pick another wr/corner with speed this year, but I really doubt that's happening. I see them landing Dunlap since every other skill position has been filled by busts Al davis drafted previous years.
9. 49ers - Eric Strawberries - Perhaps the best talent available on board, which also happens to be one of 49er's need.
11. 49ers - CJ spiller- 49ers again struck gold, with playmakers from both offense and defense set, they however still havn't addressed their top 2. concerns, Oline and Passrush, which will be taken care of through Free Agency and Later rounds(which most likley wont be addressed becuz niners suck at drafting/signing these 2 positions).

Scenario 2.
7. Oakland: Russel Okung - Raider's line is not absoltely horrible, but having an amazing tackle would help their s**tty offense. othe rpossible picks: dunlap/haden.
8. Buffalo: Carlos Dunlap - they need defense help, and having 2 great wide receivers isn't winning them games (T.O. and Evans) so they avoid Dez Bryant once and if T.O. leaves
9. San fran: Trent Willy - The horrid plays from Snyder will no longer haunt 49ers, with trent williams at Right Tackle, hopefully Chilo will improve his game.
11. San Fran: Jerry Hughes- if this does happen niners should really trade down a couple picks and then draft Jerry Hughes to address their passrush issue.

so basically Playmakers vs. Top need, what do you think? we have neglected passrushers and Oline every season and our Lawson and Haralson isnt panning out, I do beleive that top quality OG can be drafted in the 2nd, and depends on situation we might be able to get a top OT in 2nd and OG third because snyder is horrible garbage

scenario 2 we addressed all our needs because all the good players are picked(if the teams before us are that smart), so we basically fill our need, with possibly a safety (Ras Downling, Darrel Stuckey) in the later rounds

Where do you get your draft order from? Washington has 3 wins already. Are you suggesting that St. Luis and Cleveland get more than that by the end of the seasons? Also Spiller is not going top 5. No chance. I mean, some chance, but really, no chance. Our best chance at Berry is if the Raiders and Bills actually have a better record than Carolina, and Washington decides to go after a QB...although we all know how they feel about drafting Safeties.
You're trying to be tooo cute with the names of the Niner picks. It totally took out the credibility of your post. I almost didn't recognize the players.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
You're trying to be tooo cute with the names of the Niner picks. It totally took out the credibility of your post. I almost didn't recognize the players.

This
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

This

x2

Scenario 2.

In the overall scheme of things this is what I have been projecting....mostly.

KC is the key to us getting Berry, although most mocks have him going to KC I think they may go a different route. Remember who the GM is now and go back and look at a few of his drafts. I'm starting to think KC may go for McClain at Mike backer.

Buffalo will lose TO so your initial assessment of Bryant I think is incorrect IMO, I can see them taking him easily.

Our pick at #9 would have to be Berry if he's available.

Denver with Haden falls inline with my earlier top 15 mock, agree completly

With Spiller, Berry, Haden, Bryant, and McClain all off the board I would trade back (if possible) for an additional 2nd and target the best OLB available....unless a top teir WR/KR is sitting on our laps.

Overall pretty good, I agree more then I disagree and this could be very accurate come draft day.

[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 8, 2009 at 14:22:03 ]
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Scenario 2.

Where do you get your draft order from? Washington has 3 wins already. Are you suggesting that St. Luis and Cleveland get more than that by the end of the seasons? Also Spiller is not going top 5. No chance. I mean, some chance, but really, no chance. Our best chance at Berry is if the Raiders and Bills actually have a better record than Carolina, and Washington decides to go after a QB...although we all know how they feel about drafting Safeties.

washington trades up with cleveland

[ Edited by ptinerocket on Dec 10, 2009 at 16:44:06 ]
No offense man but this is a joke right?

Washington is not picking first unless they're stupid enough to trade up.

And who the f*ck is Eric "Strawberries"? Is that supposed to be Berry? I read your post 3 times and couldn't figure it out until just typing it out.

What are you 10?
Originally posted by genus49:

And who the f*ck is Eric "Strawberries"? Is that supposed to be Berry? I read your post 3 times and couldn't figure it out until just typing it out.

What are you 10?

Look at the response above, he indicates that this predicts that CLE trades down with WAS, which I don't think is so impossible. Mangini is allergic to elite players, and WAS would love the publicity of having the top overall pick since there isn't a washed-up, passed-his-prime FA to overpay on the market. This really depends on how much the Browns fall in love with Suh or the top 2 QBs
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A

What are you 10?

No offense man but are people f*cking retarded? If you can't read then stop acting like it's my mental illness that washington is picking first even though I said cleveland trades down.

Who the f*ck else can eric strawberries be, ndamukong suh? the last time I checked a top 10 prospect with name that's similar to that is eric motherf*cking berry

jeesus christ it's a fking mock draft, not a mafking court paper, why are people caring more about these little pointless details I added to the post instead of commenting on the actual mock and see which mock draft would impact this team more and move this franchise to the right direction.

What are you 10?

No offense man but are people f*cking retarded? If you can't read then stop acting like it's my mental illness that washington is picking first even though I said cleveland trades down.

Who the f*ck else can eric strawberries be, ndamukong suh? the last time I checked a top 10 prospect with name that's similar to that is eric motherf*cking berry

jeesus christ it's a fking mock draft, not a mafking court paper, why are people caring more about these little pointless details I added to the post instead of commenting on the actual mock and see which mock draft would impact this team more and move this franchise to the right direction.

It isn't pointless. If you're trying to make a point, and you give misleading info, your whole point gets lost.
1) Never make another mock draft if you are gonna make a mockery (haha, pun!) of it. Eric Strawberries?? Trent Willy??? Just use their real name
2) Washington has 3 wins and is playing well (almost beat an unbeaten NO), while TB and STL have 1 win. The order is very off
3) Dunlap is out of top 10 definitely. And CJ doesn't go that high (think 15-20 range).
As well, Quinn did nothing to impress me last game against the Steelers (thought the browns won). My guess is Mangini takes a QB
4) Clausen will be first QB off the board.....probably. STL reallt like Jake Lockers Phisical skills, but Clausens arm stregth, accuracy, and elite decision making should help him become the first (second if TB get number 1) player off the board.