LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Danario Alexander

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191583

He's a huge WR at 6'5'' who can go get the ball and make the tough catches. The guy you can throw a fade route too when you're in the red zone on 3rd down. He was overshadowed by Jeremy Maclin last year. He's probably not a first rounder IMO, and at the same time he's the perfect compliment to the recievers we have. I think we would've won the Seattle game if we had a guy we could say "hey this is a size mismatch, we're going to throw him the ball on a fade route and he's going to go up and get it and we're going to get a touchdown", but we didn't have that guy and so we went to Vernon and he dropped the ball, Crabtree was running a post supposedly and didn't have time to finish his route or whatever, Delanie Walker's still a tight end, that's 3 different plays where having this guy would've helped. Look how much better PLax made Eli look. He's put up huge numbers this year. Obviously his 40 time is going to matter(on nfldraftcountdown it says he runs a 4.6), but we could use a guy like this.

I know he's a WR, we have some WRs already, but we don't have a WR like him, I feel him would complete our WR corp and we probably wouldn't have to waste a 1st on him either. He's a pretty underrated guy and Mizzou hasn't been as hyped or as good as they were last year so he's kind of under the radar. He actually has more yards and TDs than Mardy Gilyard but he's not on a team that's won as much so he didn't get as noticed.

We need a redzone target, he fits. Thoughts?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He's a huge WR at 6'5'' who can go get the ball and make the tough catches. The guy you can throw a fade route too when you're in the red zone on 3rd down. He was overshadowed by Jeremy Maclin last year. He's probably not a first rounder IMO, and at the same time he's the perfect compliment to the recievers we have. I think we would've won the Seattle game if we had a guy we could say "hey this is a size mismatch, we're going to throw him the ball on a fade route and he's going to go up and get it and we're going to get a touchdown", but we didn't have that guy and so we went to Vernon and he dropped the ball, Crabtree was running a post supposedly and didn't have time to finish his route or whatever, Delanie Walker's still a tight end, that's 3 different plays where having this guy would've helped. Look how much better PLax made Eli look. He's put up huge numbers this year. Obviously his 40 time is going to matter(on nfldraftcountdown it says he runs a 4.6), but we could use a guy like this.

I know he's a WR, we have some WRs already, but we don't have a WR like him, I feel him would complete our WR corp and we probably wouldn't have to waste a 1st on him either. He's a pretty underrated guy and Mizzou hasn't been as hyped or as good as they were last year so he's kind of under the radar. He actually has more yards and TDs than Mardy Gilyard but he's not on a team that's won as much so he didn't get as noticed.

Nice WR, probably a late 3rd-early 4th rd pick IMO.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

It depends on his 40 time IMO. He runs a 4.5 or lower and I can see him being a 2nd rounder with that size and his numbers, his stock would skyrocket. If he runs between a 4.6-7 then he'll probably be a 4th. But Boldin ran a 4.71 and he doesn't have Danario's height and he turned out good. I remember Miami reached on Patrick Turner from USC last year and he didn't look as good as Danario did simply because they wanted a tall redzone threat and they picked him in the 3rd after he ran a 4.6 I think.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

It depends on his 40 time IMO. He runs a 4.5 or lower and I can see him being a 2nd rounder with that size and his numbers, his stock would skyrocket. If he runs between a 4.6-7 then he'll probably be a 4th. But Boldin ran a 4.71 and he doesn't have Danario's height and he turned out good. I remember Miami reached on Patrick Turner from USC last year and he didn't look as good as Danario did simply because they wanted a tall redzone threat and they picked him in the 3rd after he ran a 4.6 I think.

definately, if he runs a great 40 and has a great pro day, he will become a 2nd rd pick easily. I can see so many WR's being taken in the 1st 3 rounds its so unreal.
chargers have 4 receivers who are 6-5, and use that to their advantage to get matchup advatages...niners dont have any tall receivers, so he could fit a niche
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Currently about a early-mid 3rd round draft pick. If he has a good combine, I would not be surprised to see him go mid-2nd round.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Currently about a early-mid 3rd round draft pick. If he has a good combine, I would not be surprised to see him go mid-2nd round.

Yeah, I thought about puting him in my first mock. He's one of my favorite players out there.
too short
Share 49ersWebzone