LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Mark Ingram

After watching several Crimson Tide games including the SEC Championship Game. One of the commentators added and I believe it was Daniels that said that (RB)Mark Ingram reminded him alot of Emmitt Smith, especially in college. And I just thought what if we picked-up this guy to replace Gore, since Gore looks like he's gonna be good for at least a year or 2, considering his injuries and Singletaries wanting of a smash mouth, in your face type of offense. What do guys actually think about this pick-up?
He's only a Sophomore.
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's only a Sophomore.

Hopefully next year.
even the announcers said during the SEC Championship Game that he reminded them of E. Smith but than again we could use someone like that.
We've got Gore for tough running. We need a RB for the spread. Ingram doesn't fit our offense, IMO.
I mentioned Ingram earlier in the year when I didn't know anything about him, but was very impressed by some highlights I saw. At the time, I don't think he was very highly touted, at least not like now as a legitimate Heismann front-runner. Someone informed me he was only a Soph. Too bad. He's got it all!
Originally posted by strickac:
We've got Gore for tough running. We need a RB for the spread. Ingram doesn't fit our offense, IMO.

Gore is wearing down! Ingram in 2011!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Emmitt Smith? Do we really need another slow running back that can break 1 or 2 tackles before he goes down? Emmitt Smith has his numbers because of his line, not his ability.
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's only a Sophomore.

Wow! He won the Heisman as a Sophmore? He will be a beast for Bama next year and a clear top 5 pick.
If we have a chance to draft Ingram and he's healthy...something will seriously be wrong.

Will think about him next year.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Ok say we win some games and we dont get a Top 5 pick And Luck,Locker,Mallet are gone at QB and Peterson,Amukamora are gone do we pick up the best avalible player? Mark Ingram how would you feel with this pick its possible if you look at the mock i posted above.

Me personally i love this pick..your thoughts
How is drafting Mark Ingram going to turn our fortunes around? It wont. We will be able to draft a QB, a CB, or a DL in the first round that will address our needs much more than a RB. Gore still has gas in the tank and I like Dixon as well.
I agree but assumeing we win some games we will be in the 9-17 pick range and all the good Qb,Dl,and Cb's will be gone i would rather we pick a winner and as for CB we can get a good 2nd round cb and DL to be the next "Balmer" we can pick a guy in the 3rd or trade back into the 2nd the only force on the DL is Adrian Clayborn and as for Qb pray for Troy Smith
And your right gore has alot of gas but were burning that gas very fast he never comes out of the game! we are taking years off his carear playing him this way.
Share 49ersWebzone