There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best 'Spread'/Draw RB in 2010?

CJ Spiller gets a lot of love on this board, but what about the other speedy RBs? How do you rank the speedy RB's in this draft?

CJ Spiller
Jahvid Best
Joe Mcknight
Dexter McCluster
Brandon James
LaMarcus Coker
etc.
FYI ....another opinion

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2010-draft-running-back-grading-scale.html
  • NickDaNiner
  • Info N/A
Somebody please start giving Fresno Staes Ryan Mathews some credit! He has a chance to ultimately be the best back to come out of this draft mark my words... As a pure RB strictly runnin thru the holes and off tackle i think he's the best. If he can hone his skills as a reciever and pass protection he'll be the best all around back in this draft. The kid has it and he's only scratching the surface. 5-11 225 rock solid! Probably gonna run a 4.5 or better at the combine. Don't be surprised to see him creep into the 1st round and be the second back taken after C.J. Spiller....
It seems to me that since the "change of pace" back will often be on the field in passing situations (i.e. third downs, etc.) one of their strengths has to be blitz pickup. That was one of the big problems that kept Kory Sheets from making the roster.

With that in mind, does anyone know if some of these backs are stronger with blocking than others? Is that something you can even evaluate accurately at this point?