There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mardy Gilyard vs. Joe Haden

My Florida Gators lost to the Alabama Crimson Tide in the SEC Title Game. But, when I saw that they're gonna play The Cincinnati Bearcats in a Bowl Game, one could only wonder about this matchup. So, what do you guys think about the matchup?
gilyard will have a field day.
Gilyard may have a good game but Haden is the better NFL prospect in my opinion. I hope that Haden covers Gilyard the entire game to really get a great idea about both these players.
Gilyard is an excellent WR prospect (sort of a poor-man's Greg Jennings), but Haden is the real deal at corner.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Gilyard is an excellent WR prospect (sort of a poor-man's Greg Jennings), but Haden is the real deal at corner.

Who do you think he compares to? And do you think he can be a shutdown cb in this league?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Who do you think he compares to? And do you think he can be a shutdown cb in this league?

IMO, his coverage skills are comparable to Derrelle Revis when he came out of Pitt...not saying he's going to be that type of pro CB, but I see a lot of similarities. He also has a little Nate Clements to his game (not afraid to come up and support the run).

Not sure any CB these days is a true "shut-down" corner, but Haden is as good a cover corner (abilities and technique-wise) as I've seen coming into the NFL in quite awhile.

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 7, 2009 at 13:06:54 ]

IMO, his coverage skills are comparable to Derrelle Revis when he came out of Pitt...not saying he's going to be that type of pro CB, but I see a lot of similarities. He also has a little Nate Clements to his game (not afraid to come up and support the run).

Not sure any CB these days is a true "shut-down" corner, but Haden is as good a cover corner (abilities and technique-wise) as I've seen coming into the NFL in quite awhile.

I agree 100%. I think he is a solid tackler and great cover corner. As far as shut down goes.. well there are maybe 2 or 3 of those in the entire league so thats pretty tough to say.

thank you! Always appriciate the info.

Ladies and Gents we have a winner.

See above.
Originally posted by genus49:

Ladies and Gents we have a winner.

See above.

Agreed. If Haden shuts down Gilyard, his value will shoot through the roof. I would be ecstatic to land either player in the 1st round.
Haden will win this matchup.
Should be a great test for both.
Gilyard will have a big game.