There are 185 users in the forums

new wallter football mock

Ya, the new one I'd still be happy with, but in second round take Iupati instead of Von Miller. Our o-Line is terrible. But i'd be happy with haden (reminds me of derrell revis) but eric berry would be Amazing.
December 17 updated

1a. Joe Haden
1b. Bryan Bulaga
2. Mike Iupati
3. Mardy Gillyard

I wouldn't be mad at all with this draft because we come away with the best CB in the draft, two offensive linemen that will assist the offense in running a smash mouth team, and a deep threat receiver that can also be our returner. Unfortunately, it doesn't have us taking another pass rusher, but if Ahmad Brooks continues to progress, maybe we won't have to address the position until the 4th.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
December 17 updated

1a. Joe Haden
1b. Bryan Bulaga
2. Mike Iupati
3. Mardy Gillyard

I wouldn't be mad at all with this draft because we come away with the best CB in the draft, two offensive linemen that will assist the offense in running a smash mouth team, and a deep threat receiver that can also be our returner. Unfortunately, it doesn't have us taking another pass rusher, but if Ahmad Brooks continues to progress, maybe we won't have to address the position until the 4th.

Hate the Bulaga pick, but I've been proven wrong on many, MANY occasions on drafting OTs. I love all the other picks, though Iupati might get picked up in the late 1st...
i dont get the obsession for cj spiller, I pray the niners dont draft him. we have bigger needs like the Oline that need to be addressed first and foremost
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
December 17 updated

1a. Joe Haden
1b. Bryan Bulaga
2. Mike Iupati
3. Mardy Gillyard

Hate the Bulaga pick, but I've been proven wrong on many, MANY occasions on drafting OTs. I love all the other picks, though Iupati might get picked up in the late 1st...

I agree that Iupati will probably end up being a 1st round prospect. If that's the case, we pick Iupati with our second first round pick, and select a pass rusher in the 2nd like Graham or Von Miller.
December 17 updated

1a. Joe Haden
1b. Bryan Bulaga
2. Mike Iupati
3. Mardy Gillyard

I agree that Iupati will probably end up being a 1st round prospect. If that's the case, we pick Iupati with our second first round pick, and select a pass rusher in the 2nd like Graham or Von Miller.

That'd be awesome! Though, we'd still be down a RT, but our left side and interior would be legit and have another rotational OLB to keep them fresh, a KR/PR/#3WR in the 3rd (much better than Williams ever was so doesn't gain any comparison), and the best corner in the draft.

Who'd be a good second day RT that we could work with?
December 17 updated

1a. Joe Haden
1b. Bryan Bulaga
2. Mike Iupati
3. Mardy Gillyard

That'd be awesome! Though, we'd still be down a RT, but our left side and interior would be legit and have another rotational OLB to keep them fresh, a KR/PR/#3WR in the 3rd (much better than Williams ever was so doesn't gain any comparison), and the best corner in the draft.

Who'd be a good second day RT that we could work with?

It's really going to have to depend on the offseason workouts. Mike Iupati, despite playing guard in college, apparently has some experience playing tackle and some teams might see him as a tackle in the pros (a la Branden Albert and Duane Brown). If that's the case, we get our starting CB and OT in the first, pass rusher in the 2nd, Gilyard in the 3rd, then a guard in the 4th.

But to answer your question on good tackles in the 2nd, I would say Jason Fox out of Miami and Selvish Capers from West Virginia who seems to be climbing up draft boards.
Share 49ersWebzone