There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm warming up to the idea of Rolando Mcclain

He seems like the second coming of Rodney Harrison except as a MLB.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He seems like the second coming of Rodney Harrison except as a MLB.

what...since when is he on steroids and is the dirtiest player
He's a stud but also a luxury
WAY too many needs to draft an ILB. Instead we need to go after guys like:

First Pick:
Joe Haden
CJ Spiller

2nd Pick
Trent Williams
Bryan Bullaga

3rd pick rd 2
Hughes, Graham, Norwood.. the best OLB available
i would really like to have him but unfortunately he is a luxury we cant afford the only way i can see us getting hi is if we get a stud RT and OG in FA and first we need joe haden to play opposite of nate clements
Yeah, McClain would be a luxury pick because TKO should have a year or two left in him. McKillop might be an average to good player in the future. He needs work but McClain would be instantly an upgrade. We could save the luxury pick and wait until TKO retires instead.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
WAY too many needs to draft an ILB. Instead we need to go after guys like:

First Pick:
Joe Haden
CJ Spiller

2nd Pick
Trent Williams
Bryan Bullaga

3rd pick rd 2
Hughes, Graham, Norwood.. the best OLB available

Spikes has 1 year left on his contract and with the possibility of Ulbrich retiring we only have 3 ILB's under contract.....in 2011 we will only have 2. Although not a need right now in 1 year it will be and having Willis and McClain together is down right nasty.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
WAY too many needs to draft an ILB. Instead we need to go after guys like:

First Pick:
Joe Haden
CJ Spiller

2nd Pick
Trent Williams
Bryan Bullaga

3rd pick rd 2
Hughes, Graham, Norwood.. the best OLB available

Im all for it mcclain and willis gives me goosebumps they would be so dominating
I'm a big fan of Takeo, but this would be an excellent pick. Notice how well Wilhelm played in Spikes' absense. McClain would better that tremendously.

Also, a HUGE advantage of drafting McClain would be that Manusky could send Willis on more blitzes up the middle. Willis is easily our best pass rusher, but I think Manusky is hesitant to send him after the QB because he doesn't trust the other LBs to fill the void over the middle. McClain would give Manusky more options with our pass rush.

Realistically though, I could see McClain getting drafting in the #6-10 range. I know MLBs can be found later in the draft, but he's a very safe pick and would really improve a defense from the day he steps foot into a training camp.
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Is he a real deal pass rush? MLB I dont care should not be drafted in the 1st round by us regardless if it is a BPA situation...We have Willis, Spikes, and McKillop, along with Wilhelm who is doing decent.

Now if he can play the 3-4 OLB rush end and start over Parys Haralson then I am all for it...He seems like a terrific player who is coming from a sound program, under great coaching out of the SEC, If he can rush the passer then we should do it in a Heartbeat with our 1st pick in Round 1...then with the 2nd pick should be either C.J. Spiller, Joe Haden, Earl Thomas, or Bryan Bulaga, or Charles Brown...Depending on what we do in FA.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,222
Originally posted by ajveltri:
Is he a real deal pass rush? MLB I dont care should not be drafted in the 1st round by us regardless if it is a BPA situation...We have Willis, Spikes, and McKillop, along with Wilhelm who is doing decent.

Now if he can play the 3-4 OLB rush end and start over Parys Haralson then I am all for it...He seems like a terrific player who is coming from a sound program, under great coaching out of the SEC, If he can rush the passer then we should do it in a Heartbeat with our 1st pick in Round 1...then with the 2nd pick should be either C.J. Spiller, Joe Haden, Earl Thomas, or Bryan Bulaga, or Charles Brown...Depending on what we do in FA.

I would agree, but then I never think it's a good idea to spend a top pick on a guy and then have him change positions. I'd rather draft a guy that actually plays the position we want him to play. We've had nothing but poor results doing the opposite.
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm a big fan of Takeo, but this would be an excellent pick. Notice how well Wilhelm played in Spikes' absense. McClain would better that tremendously.

Also, a HUGE advantage of drafting McClain would be that Manusky could send Willis on more blitzes up the middle. Willis is easily our best pass rusher, but I think Manusky is hesitant to send him after the QB because he doesn't trust the other LBs to fill the void over the middle. McClain would give Manusky more options with our pass rush.

Realistically though, I could see McClain getting drafting in the #6-10 range. I know MLBs can be found later in the draft, but he's a very safe pick and would really improve a defense from the day he steps foot into a training camp.

But Munusky isn't very innovative with his blitz packages. He just doesn't really disguise them well so good offenses will pick them up.
We'll be great on 1st and 2nd down, but when it's an obvious passing down we'll be the same as always. We need a pass rusher who must be double-teamed.
  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
How's about Jerry Hughes and Rolando McClain in the 1st?

Sign Otogwe and Stephen Neal...

2nd Round Draft a Dexter McCluster or an OT that is good value at that spot...

Then just draft the BPA where we have holes like CB, Guard, D-Line!