There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NCAA FB Award Finalists* Updated

Rolando McClain wins the Butkus Award as college football's top linebacker.

McClain wins Butkus Award
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'd love to see Ndamukong Suh win the Heisman trophy this season. In a down year for any clear-cut offensive players, it is time a dominant college defender wins the trophy.

He has been the best player in college football this season, but will need some form of ridiculous performance (3 sacks, 10 tackles, forced fumble or INT) against Texas to gain a sniff of the trophy.

Good thing Suh is in the business of delivering ridiculous performances
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Rolando McClain wins the Butkus Award as college football's top linebacker.

McClain wins Butkus Award

Did you have any doubt?
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Damn Suh is a finalist for 5 different awards. I wonder how many he gets?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Should have just called it the Ndamakong - McCoy Awards Show. I wonder if anyone has ever won as many as Suh did last night.
Does this seem like a really weak Heisman class to anyone else? I think McCoy will win it, but I don't think he had a spectacular season.

I think Suh and Gerhart should get more consideration for the trophy, but I think the QB bias results in McCoy walking away with it.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Does this seem like a really weak Heisman class to anyone else? I think McCoy will win it, but I don't think he had a spectacular season.

I think Suh and Gerhart should get more consideration for the trophy, but I think the QB bias results in McCoy walking away with it.

I wouldn't say weak, there just hasn't been guys with the dizzying stats we've seen in the past. Except for Case Keenum and he didn't even get invited. If Gerhart played for a better team he'd be a shoe in. I honestly have no idea who will win, but all are deserving in some way.