LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

3-4 DE prospect Carlos Dunlap stock may have taken a hit

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I hope he falls to our pick in the second round. He would be a steal with our 2nd first rounder.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I hope he falls to our pick in the second round. He would be a steal with our 2nd first rounder.

HUH? our 2nd first rounder in the second round?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
2 separate sentences.

First: "I hope he falls to the 2nd round". That is me, hoping, that he falls to the second round.

2nd: "He would be a steal with our second first rounder." Translation: With our 2nd pick of the first round (position yet to be determined), I believe he will be a steal.

Putting both sentences in context, I'm saying that he would be a steal late first round, and an absolute windfall in the 2nd. I suspect I could have worded it better.

Clear?
I hope he rehabs his image, runs a 4.32 at the combine, and gets drafted by the Raiders. Let's get all the QB's and overhyped college athletes to the top of the board, which will allow us to have the best picks in the draft.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I hope he rehabs his image, runs a 4.32 at the combine, and gets drafted by the Raiders. Let's get all the QB's and overhyped college athletes to the top of the board, which will allow us to have the best picks in the draft.

Maddog:
That sounds like a distinct disclaimer of Mr. Dunlap. Whats the beef with him and who would be the best de for us in the draft, and who would be the best OLB for us in the draft?
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Now that is a post I think Dunlap would be the best DE for us. only becaus he has a funominal size and strength only 20 yrs old.

Now who would be the best OLB for us is the question.

Mount Cody would be a great 2nd round pick up for us
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
He was found passed out in his car parked at a green light. So, yeah technically DWI.

No "technically" to it, That is a DWI all the way around.

BTW I kinda thought he would be a 3-4 OLB not a 3-4 DE.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
No one is saying it but florida might not have lost if this guy was playing in that game.
Originally posted by Elric:
No one is saying it but florida might not have lost if this guy was playing in that game.

He wouldn't of made that much of an impact
  • Elric
  • Veteran
I respect your oppinion but at 6'6 290 he is an asset agains the run an dhe has 8 sacks.
He woudl have helped.

But there loss could be our gain if he drops in the draft because he was caught intoxicateded sleeping in his car at a stop light.

I don't think that his stock will drop, hope that it does on our laps. But, we do need him and N. Suh for our D-Line.
Share 49ersWebzone