LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Mock Draft 2.0

• Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Rashad Jennings was a beast last year for Liberty and fell all the way to the 5th round. The guy is clearly better than Glen Coffee.

But back to the mock, I would take that draft.

jennings was a 7th rounder
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Rashad Jennings was a beast last year for Liberty and fell all the way to the 5th round. The guy is clearly better than Glen Coffee.

But back to the mock, I would take that draft.

jennings was a 7th rounder

Sucks even more. How he fell that far is absolutely BEYOND me.
But really, I think we need to put aside the notion that TCU is a "small school." UT it is not, but I'd think his size if anything would be the reason he'd fall.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
What we need is a quality, dominant RT. We have our LT in Staley. Nobody in the draft is predicted to be a dominant LT. So whoever is a quality RT is good for me.

We also need a OG and someone who predicts to be a starting center to back up Heittmann.

Then hopefully Boone pans out to be a RT
or OG.

So a nice set would be Staley, Iupati, Heittmann, Rachal, Williams/whoever/Boone.

Couldnt have said it better myself... If developed properly, Boone has above-average starter potential. Additionaly, the strides that Rachal has made since the beginning of this year have been quite impressive - a trend that I fully expect to continue. LG is the only position that NEEDS to be addressed in the offseason (preferably the draft unless, Mankins or Evans become available) - Iupati is my choice as well.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Saying Huges will fall b/c he goes to a small school is silly. Everybody knows who TCU you is
I've never followed college football enough to really put names to what I know our needs are, but here's what I see the niners needing in this next draft.

1.) RT
2.)Pass rushing OLB
3.) CB
4.)NT (mostly if we can't resign Franklin)
5.)OG
6.)S
7.)HB (late round flier on a big potential, raw back would be great here)
Walter football is giving 49ers Eric Berry and Bryan Bulaga.

[ Edited by 49ersfan80 on Dec 6, 2009 at 23:52:48 ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by kronik:
I don't get why Jerry Hughes is being mocked in the second round either. Not talking about the original poster, I've seen numerous mocks from reputable sites that rate him as a 2nd rounder as well. He seems to have good size and he has performed well against good opposition. I guess it's kinda like Groves, E Brown, etc..

I don't understand that either i'm thinking his measurables are less than desirable and maybe we don't have the full insight on that as other already do. Kinda like Everette Brown stock took a hit when he measures in at like 5'11.

Its not that he doesnt have the talent, its the fact teams are scared to take 'tweeners' because they havent panned out recently. Ex. Vernon gohlston of the JETS
Share 49ersWebzone