LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

My top 10 Mock

My top 10 Mock, based on where I think teams will end up

1. CLE - Jake Locker, QB, Washington (Clear need, BPA)
2. STL - Jimmy CLausen, QB, Norte Dame (Clear need, BPA)
3. TB - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska (worst run D in NFL)
4. DET - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee (worst pass D in NFL)
5. WAS - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (overinvested in defense, need a new start at QB)
6. KC - Russell Okung, OT, OK STate (most sacks allowed in NFL)
7. OAK - Taylor Mays, S, USC (Athletic freak)
8. SEA - Joe Haden, CB, Florida (31st in NFL vs. #2 wrs, 26th vs pass -- Wilson moves to nickel)
9. BUF - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma (29th vs the rush)
10. CAR (SF) - Dez Bryant, WR, OK State (Best Player Available; OT is #1 need, but there is a ton of value at tackle and they pick again soon)
No thanks. Nothing against Dez but we have bigger holes to fill then another WR. I think everyone in the league learned a lesson from Matt Millan when all he drafted was WRs in the first round and you see where that got him.
how about no

1 Crabtree
2 Morgan
3 Hill
4 Jones
5 Battle
6 Rookie PR/KR
Yea no need for Bryant, and I don't think the skins are gonna take a qb they gonna over reach of an OT.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

5. WAS - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (overinvested in defense, need a new start at QB)
8. SEA - Joe Haden, CB, Florida (31st in NFL vs. #2 wrs, 26th vs pass -- Wilson moves to nickel)
10. CAR (SF) - Dez Bryant, WR, OK State (Best Player Available; OT is #1 need, but there is a ton of value at tackle and they pick again soon)

Detroit does not take another FS (Delmas went 33 last year to them), unless the plan is to convert him to corner. It's likely that they will trade down if any takers to move UP for Berry or select the top OT on their board or McCoy).
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Detroit does not take another FS (Delmas went 33 last year to them), unless the plan is to convert him to corner. It's likely that they will trade down if any takers to move UP for Berry or select the top OT on their board or McCoy).

Good call! The Lions have much greater needs on both lines of scrimmage, no matter how good Eric Berry is.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

agreed.. Detroit takes either Suh or McKoy or trades back a few slots to draft Haden.
No on Bryant. I like him, but we have to focus on the o-line.
Originally posted by miked1978:
No thanks. Nothing against Dez but we have bigger holes to fill then another WR. I think everyone in the league learned a lesson from Matt Millan when all he drafted was WRs in the first round and you see where that got him.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by miked1978:

What about the Eagles?

IF the 49ers are going to go into next season as a spread attack team then I'd LOVE to get Dez in uniform. Plus his agent won't pull this crap with the 9ers again.
I haven't been impressed with Taylor Mays this season. Seems like his game has regressed. That'd be cool if the Raiders end up wasting their 1st rounder this year, too.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Dec 1, 2009 at 4:36 PM ]
Yes, we have bigger needs than WR, but damn I'd shyte myself if we got Dez. We'd have a helluva WR core, and then we could say "thanks for your service" to Battle and let him go. Yes, he's been there for us, but outstanding? No. Plus Dez can return punts/kicks just like Battle. I'm not hating on Battle guys, but Dez (IF we got him, which won't happen) has a better upside and Battle has a habitually bad knee.
Originally posted by Native49erFan:
Yes, we have bigger needs than WR, but damn I'd shyte myself if we got Dez. We'd have a helluva WR core, and then we could say "thanks for your service" to Battle and let him go. Yes, he's been there for us, but outstanding? No. Plus Dez can return punts/kicks just like Battle. I'm not hating on Battle guys, but Dez (IF we got him, which won't happen) has a better upside and Battle has a habitually bad knee.

Battle is leaving regardless of whether we draft Bryant.

-9fA
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Good mock draft, nothing against Dez Bryant but rather have Mays or Berry (if available).
Nothing agaist alex either, but will b great to get Colt McCoy.
Share 49ersWebzone