There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jacksonville drafted/started 2 OTs...Should we?

JAX Drafted Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton with their first two picks, and they're playing a lot better this year. Monroe hit a rough patch on the field (benched for a week), but he's playing well again. Britton looked so good in camp that they cut Pashos.

We should take, IMHO, take an OT, a playmaker, and an OT/OG with our first three picks. That will plug the RT hole and provide tons of depth for the whole line.
Good example right there. I'm skeptical about adding 2 starting rookies to an already lost line, but Jacksonville is making it work this season and the Jets had success with Ferguson and Mangold a couple of years back.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM ]
it helped the jets out a lot and d'brick didn't even live up to the hype. i'm down with 2 o-linemen or drafting 1 and signing 1 via free agency
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Nov 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM ]
yeah don't want another kwame harris in the first round, im not a fan of drafting Oline, i rather get em in free agency and get skill positions in the draft, skill positions we need like cj spiller and eric berry.
No, while we should draft one OT early... Our biggest problem has been our INTERIOR line. Notice how we cannot run up the middle, AND the majority of all pressure has been coming from the middle of the line.

We must draft at least one OG -- two if we don't sign any FA guards -- and obviously at least one OT. Preferably two OT's; one early, and one late developmental prospect.
If that happens, I will douse myself with gasoline and light myself on fire.
We got 6 sacks against them, I say no, lol.
It feels like pass blocking has become much less of an issue ever since we started going to the shotgun more often. No wonder Brady/Manning have been so consistent over the years despite rather mediocre offensive lines.

I hope we go after a couple of road graders, because right now Gore has absolutely no chance and it's a shame because I think the big plays this year shows that he has regained some of that home run ability he had before all the knee injuries.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by kstolai:

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by kstolai:

Not a chance. When Staley comes back, he will man the OLT spot, no questions asked. The Niners only need a ORT and a OG/C to compete with Baas, Rachal, and Heitmann.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Not a chance. When Staley comes back, he will man the OLT spot, no questions asked. The Niners only need a ORT and a OG/C to compete with Baas, Rachal, and Heitmann.

So many options to choose from.

Whoever we get, I'm sure it'll be someone good. If we can trade down, even better.

I'd be ecstatic to land Brandon Graham, Rolando McClain, Bryan Bulaga, or Mike Iupati.

If enough Juniors declare, we could be set to land two outstanding defensive prospects with some great OL still available to snag in the 2nd and beyond. But day one MUST include an OL.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Whoever we get, I'm sure it'll be someone good. If we can trade down, even better.

I'd be ecstatic to land Brandon Graham, Rolando McClain, Bryan Bulaga, or Mike Iupati.

If enough Juniors declare, we could be set to land two outstanding defensive prospects with some great OL still available to snag in the 2nd and beyond. But day one MUST include an OL.

It would be nice to get Graham/McClain/Hughts and Bulaga/Iupati in the first round. I think A. Smith plays better when given some time by the oline. We clearly need oline help this off season. We also need some boost in the pass rush department. Dline has been playing well and we have so good backup as well. So oline, pass rush, and backfield are our priorities.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It would be nice to get Graham/McClain/Hughts and Bulaga/Iupati in the first round. I think A. Smith plays better when given some time by the oline. We clearly need oline help this off season. We also need some boost in the pass rush department. Dline has been playing well and we have so good backup as well. So oline, pass rush, and backfield are our priorities.

I think we need sign at least one OG, and a KR. And draft, with our 8 picks, the following..

1 OT who is technically sound.
1 OT/OG versatile OL.
1 OG/C tweener.
1 S
1 CB
1 DL
2 LB

Or, we can substitute one OL or LB for a speed RB/KR or WR/KR guy.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM ]