There are 226 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Players that would fit in to Jimmy rayes offense

• mando1988
  • Info N/A
What are some players you guys think would fit in well into ol Jimmy raye's power running offense??
Christian Okoye and Mike Alstot
Larry Allen
Toby Gerhart probably, dude's a big back that runs well in between the tackles.

As far as OL go, RTs like Trent Williams and Ciron Black probably would fit as big road graders. Mike Iupati in the first at OG could be good or John Jerry later on in the 4th or 5th.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Brock Lesnar.
We should be looking to draft players that would fit in any OC's offense, not just Jimmy Raye's. No telling how long he'll be around.
cave man grog
I'll tell you straight up, my friends. Guys that fit in Jimmy Raye's system:

Frank Gore is a perfect fit. Tough, gritty, runs hard, low, and fights for every inch.
Vernon Davis is a perfect fit. Blocks like a tackle. Creates huge mismatches.

I think Morgan and Crabtree are good fits as well. Not afraid to block, and run hard after the catch. Not afraid of contact.

The offensive line doesn't fit. It takes 3 to 5 road graders to make it work. The Center and Guards you bet your butt MUST be road graders for it to click like it can. And at one of the Tackles needs to be as well. We don't have that. I mean guys like Larry Allen, , Kevin Gogan types. Mean, nasty, stout, road graders. The system needs guys who can move defensive fronts backwards at the point of attack, and not rely on scheme. That's what we lack.

I think we have pretty good players now. I don't think the system fits the players we have.

That asks the age old question:

Do you aquire players that fit your philosophy, or adapt your philosophy to the players you have?
[ Edited by mississippi_sam on Nov 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
cave man grog

Hines Ward
Originally posted by Riot:
Brock Lesnar.

He was a DT.
Leon Washington fit his offense great in NY. I was hoping Sheets could've been similar, but we all know how that went down.

We need some speed at RB. We're not very effective at running RB screens and I don't put that on Gore, but we could use a speedster out there.

Spiller would be perfect, but that's the reason he's rpobably the top RB coming out.
T.O. Because they could both sleep together
Originally posted by strickac:
Leon Washington fit his offense great in NY.
Raye was the RB coach in NY, not the OC. It wasn't "his" offense.

And it doesn't really matter what kinds of players fit his outdated offense b/c he won't be here that long.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Riot:
Brock Lesnar.

He was a DT.

But he'd be a scat-back in Raye's offense.