Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Draft

www.Waltersfootball.com has us picking:

1a. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
1b. Joe Haden CB Florida
2. Jerry Hughes DE Texas AM
3. Thomas Austin G Clemson

What do you guys think? I don't know much about Thomas Austin G Clemson - is he good?
i could live with this
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

1a. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
1b. Joe Haden CB Florida

What do you guys think? I don't know much about Thomas Austin G Clemson - is he good?

This would cover several areas of concern for the team. I don't know if Austin is a good player or not but a guard in the third round is as good a place as any. We need a lot of Oline help. But the first three picks definitely fit our need profile.
Doesn't Hughes go to TCU??
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Doesn't Hughes go to TCU??

Yeah he does and will most likely be taken in the 1st rd
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

1a. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
1b. Joe Haden CB Florida

Yes, Austin is good. 3rd round is a little surprising right now though. A little early for him in particular, especially considering him being an interior lineman. I've got him slotted for the late 4th to late 5th range. But then again, it's not too surprising because he's probably the best player on the Clemson OL. He's solid all around and can also play Center in a pinch.

Someone goofed up, because Hughes doesn't play for A&M, he plays for TCU. And it's quite a heck of a stretch to say he ends up in the second round, especially where we could be picking. But.. I suppose anything's possible, even though I highly, highly, highly doubt it.

I'd be pleased with that start to the draft though.
  • kush
  • Veteran
I would love this draft. OTC or Maddog, can you give me a little preview on what you think of Haden? Opinions seem to differ on him around the web.
I'd be ok with that draft. If I could do anything different I'd take out Haden, take Brandon Graham with our second first rounder, and take the corner (or guard if we could get Iupati there) with the second rounder.
I dont see how anyone would not love this draft. It addresses all the needs and also has 3 players that by all likelihood will be first round picks. I have to admit I dont know anything about Austin but based on what OTC just said I think this would be awesome.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I'd be ok with that draft. If I could do anything different I'd take out Haden, take Brandon Graham with our second first rounder, and take the corner (or guard if we could get Iupati there) with the second rounder.

Same here, possibly, but either way, no complaints. I think Haden could -- and probably would -- be the BPA there though.

And for Dan -- Haden is considered almost unanimously by scouts to be the best corner in the draft, whether among underclassmen or this year's seniors.

I wasn't too sure if he was better overall compared to Trevard Lindley, who was probably among the top three, but Lindley got injured and took a slide. Haden has consistently been a strong performer on Florida's defense. He's extremely smooth and fluid and teams just have a difficult time throwing against him because of his closing speed. He comes on the blitz quite a bit as well and actually has 3 sacks and 5 TFL with two forced fumbles this year. This tells me that Haden would right away be ready to step in and play Nickel Corner at the very least, and I think he'd make a fantastic one.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]
I saw that yesterday...I would cream my pants if that happened.

Haden is a stud corner and we need to replace Clements. Bulaga and Hughes give us great players at the 2 positions we need the most help.

Having said that I don't think Hughes will be around in the 2nd. Way too many teams running the 3-4 these days and he'd also make a very good 4-3 DE for team like the Colts or Bucs
Originally posted by genus49:
I saw that yesterday...I would cream my pants if that happened.

Haden is a stud corner and we need to replace Clements. Bulaga and Hughes give us great players at the 2 positions we need the most help.

Having said that I don't think Hughes will be around in the 2nd. Way too many teams running the 3-4 these days and he'd also make a very good 4-3 DE for team like the Colts or Bucs

this
Love it.
Originally posted by AC49er:

Cool. Now we know what you look like.