Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by bigwads:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I would suggest a Version 2 of your mock since we won't be able to get either FA or Berry.

I agree about Berry but if they sign the agreement and we have regular free agency what makes you think we can't sign one of those guys?

If a new CBA comes through, then yes, we could get Mankins. There's no way the Chargers are stupid enough to let their franchise left tackle hit the market. If he doesn't sign, McNeill will almost certainly be franchised.
Originally posted by genus49:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I would suggest a Version 2 of your mock since we won't be able to get either FA or Berry.

I agree about Berry but if they sign the agreement and we have regular free agency what makes you think we can't sign one of those guys?

I think that either FA will either be re-signed or tagged.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

If a new CBA comes through, then yes, we could get Mankins. There's no way the Chargers are stupid enough to let their franchise left tackle hit the market. If he doesn't sign, McNeill will almost certainly be franchised.

Do you really think the Pats would let Mankins get away? He is still very young and one of the best at his position. I know they will have other Free Agents to worry about, but the Pats have always had a solid OL and I just can't imagine them letting Mankins leave. I think they would tag him.
Originally posted by EdEs:
I actually wouldn't mind taylor mays out of USC because he is a big physical safety that would help us out a lot against Arizona

Taylor Mays has been very disappointing this year. He would be no help at all against Arizona. He has no coverage skills!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by EdEs:
I actually wouldn't mind taylor mays out of USC because he is a big physical safety that would help us out a lot against Arizona

Taylor Mays has been very disappointing this year. He would be no help at all against Arizona. He has no coverage skills!

Agreed.. He is big and fast and just looks for opportunities for a big hit. Doesn't seem to have a real nose for the ball the way a good ballhawking FS should. Might be a better fit at SS.

Does sound like a perfect fit for the Raiders though, great measurables, no skills.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
And I f**ked Kate Beckinsale last night.
  • titan
  • Veteran
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

That would be an awesome FA pick up! I think they will both be re signed, but even if they don't t re sign we wont get them because they are legit starters and for some reason we are always looking for backup quality to start.
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

Do you really think the Pats would let Mankins get away? He is still very young and one of the best at his position. I know they will have other Free Agents to worry about, but the Pats have always had a solid OL and I just can't imagine them letting Mankins leave. I think they would tag him.

It wouldn't be the first time the Pats let an offensive lineman go. Just because they drafted Ron Brace doesn't mean they want to part ways with Vince Wilfork.

We'll see how it goes but i don't think it's crazy to think Mankins hits the open market.
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

You're ready to pay a free agent guard who probably , though only in his late 20s, has played his best football, 50 mil +? Didnt work for Buffalo, didnt work for Dallas, didnt work for Cleveland, didnt work for the Jets. All of em signed f**king guards for 7-8 mil a year. Its dumb. Championship teams build through the draft. Sure, pick up some cheap roll players in FA, but handing out giant contracts to guys who other teams let walk away is dumb.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

You're ready to pay a free agent guard who probably , though only in his late 20s, has played his best football, 50 mil +? Didnt work for Buffalo, didnt work for Dallas, didnt work for Cleveland, didnt work for the Jets. All of em signed f**king guards for 7-8 mil a year. Its dumb. Championship teams build through the draft. Sure, pick up some cheap roll players in FA, but handing out giant contracts to guys who other teams let walk away is dumb.

You have your opinion, I have mine. We can agree to disagree.

FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

It did work out OK for Minnesota with Hutchinson. I am not saying we should sink that kind of money into a guard though. If the Pats let him get away, he'll be looking for big money and I doubt McLoughan would be willing to write the check either, but you never know.

I do know this. Our O-Line has been lousy for several years now and we have be really bad at developing any young talent at that position, with the exception of Smiley, who we let walk because we didn't want to pay him.
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

You have your opinion, I have mine. We can agree to disagree.
Its not an opinion, its a fact. Take a look at the last 10 super bowl winners and tell me about their O lines, and really, most of the team in general.
First thing at the top of everyone's mock offseason should be - Fire OL coach/Hire a real OL coach.
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

If this happens, I will become a vegan.
First thing at the top of everyone's mock offseason should be - Fire OL coach/Hire a real OL coach.

Yup. Any names spring to mind?
Share 49ersWebzone