First Offseason Mock

FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

[ Edited by bigwads on Nov 14, 2009 at 21:18:40 ]
if we can have a free agency period like you stated i will be so f**king happy so we dont have to use our 1st rders on olinemen and we can use them on a luxury like cj spiller
Too bad it's almost a certainty that we're going to an uncapped year and those guys will be RFAs or tagged and off the market. Well, maybe not Mankins, but definitely McNeill.
I honestly don't think we have a shot at Berry. Hughes I am not to 'researched' on so I will hold judgment.

I believe its going to be a huge mistake if we do not take a tackle with one of those.
I def. want Eric Berry. For the second pick I say OL.
I think once the spin on Berry gets out and he is touted as the next Ed Reed/ Troy Palomalu he won't make it past #4.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
I actually wouldn't mind taylor mays out of USC because he is a big physical safety that would help us out a lot against Arizona
Alex is going to have 5 seconds to throw the ball behind a line of Staley, Mankins, Heitmann, Rachal (when he improves), and McNeil. I REALLY want to see that happen.

If Free Agency nets us those two OL, I would invest the two picks on a pass rusher (whoever is the BPA as a pass rusher) and either Jahvid Best or CJ Spiller. Having a fast back will give us an outside rushing attack we've never had as well as a good return man on special teams.
I think Mays is really a hit or miss. Got Bing written all over him.
Originally posted by bigwads:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

LOL Ya.. the Niners are going to get the premier free agent lineman and then get to draft the best player in the draft around pick 12. Yup.. that seems likely.

FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I just came.
Originally posted by Reckless:
I think Mays is really a hit or miss. Got Bing written all over him.

STRONG DO NOT WANT on Mays.

He's about the only guy out of the top prospects who I could find no redeeming grace to drafting.

He's all speed and no substance. I know there are a lot of USC fans on here who think he's the next coming of Ronnie Lott but imo the guy is only a big hitter against smaller guys and loses his "edge" when he has to take on bigger guys. I see him as a lesser Roy Williams. No thanks!
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I would suggest a Version 2 of your mock since we won't be able to get either FA or Berry.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for genus49.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I would suggest a Version 2 of your mock since we won't be able to get either FA or Berry.

I agree about Berry but if they sign the agreement and we have regular free agency what makes you think we can't sign one of those guys?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
FA:

1. Marcus McNeil, OT
2. Logan Mankins, OG

Draft

1a. Eric Berry, S
1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE

I agree about Berry but if they sign the agreement and we have regular free agency what makes you think we can't sign one of those guys?

For one, I think SD and NE both use there tags on McNeil and Mankins. I'm sure they both realize its better to keep your QB safe then yoour defense together. Especially when they drafted replacements for Merriman and Wilfork with Larry English and Ron Brace.
Share 49ersWebzone