LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

High Riser: Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

Wow this guy is making plays every week now. Going from a 7th round pick to a 3rd round pick in a matter of a few week........i ask how high can he go? He has got character issues that will bring him down abit but i have been very impressed with his play in recent weeks.
You are talking about #94(I think) with the dreads? I have watched him play a few times now & he seems to have a good motor & make alot of plays for sure.
I wouldn't say 3rd rounder just yet, but early 4th at least right now. He's wreaking havoc out there, absolutely, and is a definite riser. However, he's still a junior. He could make a lot more money if he waits and improves his stock even more.

He'd have to play DE here for us.

By season's end, I could see the 3rd round a distinct possibility if he can continue his success in a Bowl Game. That's 3rd round if he declares.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 15, 2009 at 12:11:29 ]
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I don't think 3rd rounder is out of the question. He's been active in every game this year. Iowa players are usually well coached, polished, and tough. Selecting him would allow us to move Soap back to NT if we lose Aubrayo.
Possibly an even better prospect and hot riser to look at is DE/OLB prospect Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue. The guy destroyed Ohio State for 3 sacks.

His totals thus far are 11 sacks, 16.5 TFL, and 5 Forced Fumbles.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Possibly an even better prospect and hot riser to look at is DE/OLB prospect Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue. The guy destroyed Ohio State for 3 sacks.

His stat sheet the last 2 years looks incredible. Has good size too. How is he in terms of speed/athleticism/etc? Where do you see him going in the draft, and what are the chances of him coming out?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

His stat sheet the last 2 years looks incredible. Has good size too. How is he in terms of speed/athleticism/etc? Where do you see him going in the draft, and what are the chances of him coming out?

Just about perfect size for a 3-4 WILL, 6-3 263 timing in the 4.78-4.82 range -- Woodley type timed speed. I believe he's fast enough, and agile enough.

Just about perfect size for a 3-4 WILL, 6-3 263 timing in the 4.78-4.82 range -- Woodley type timed speed. I believe he's fast enough, and agile enough.

Thanks OTC, this is an interesting name to keep an eye out for. One last thing, where do you see him going? Day 1 or later?

Thanks OTC, this is an interesting name to keep an eye out for. One last thing, where do you see him going? Day 1 or later?

This would be a good guy to keep an eye on. This would allow us to go o-line & BPA in the 1st round.
Share 49ersWebzone