LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

What's Your Ideal Mock?

Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Eric Berry is still there at 10 I will piss my pants.

lol we said the same thing about crabtree last year

quick, start spreading diva rumors!
It will have to be QB and then OT.

We need to have a good signal caller on offense. I know that we are giving Alex Smith the rest of the season to see if he is the QB of the future, but I just don't think he is anything special.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
It will have to be QB and then OT.

We need to have a good signal caller on offense. I know that we are giving Alex Smith the rest of the season to see if he is the QB of the future, but I just don't think he is anything special.

I think we should give Alex Smith one more year behind a good ol, and if he can't cut it then get rid of him, not saying dont draft a qb just dont start him next season
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
FA's:
Jahri Evans OG, Saints
Marcus McNeill OT, Chargers

Draft:
1(10) Eric Berry S, Tennessee
1(18) Brandon Graham OLB, Michigan

If that happens then the world really is ending in 2012.

Oh no...I hadn't thought about it until just now, but your post made me think. How will the 49ers defend another horrible draft and another mediocre season by encouraging us to look forward to "next year"...if there isn't going to BE a "next year"???
Originally posted by 228niner:
i usually dont post other mocks but this one got me drooling so i had to share it

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=356576

The second round looks just as good if not better than the 1st.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Eric Berry is still there at 10 I will piss my pants.

Something would happen in my pants but I doubt it would be piss.
Tbh I would be happy with pretty much most of the 1st round choices listed here. I would be inclined to get a top pass rusher if there is one that really stands out.

I don't remember the 2005 draft that much (was not as fanatical about the draft as I am now, that and I live in the UK) can anyone tell me how much hype Ware and Merriman were getting coming into that draft?

Just seems to me that a true dominant pass rusher will rarely hit FA and can turn a franchise, whereas you can pick up serviceable linemen in FA (if we are willing to pay a bloody guard).

I am not saying don't draft Oline, just saying if I could have Berry and a top pass rusher with my first two picks I would take them and address line later....

Then I would use the Jets first round pick on Oline (fingers crossed )
Assuming picks around 12 and 18...

FA: Mid-Upper range OT (someone who can come in and we know what we are going to get protection-wise)

1a Clausen/Bradford/Locker
1b Hughes/Morgan
2 BPA - OG/OT
3 Dexter McCluster

or, perhaps

Option 2
FA: Merriman

1a Best OT (Okung/Williams/Bulaga)
1b CJ Spiller
2 Best OG
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
FA's:
Jahri Evans OG, Saints
Marcus McNeill OT, Chargers

Draft:
1(10) Eric Berry S, Tennessee
1(18) Brandon Graham OLB, Michigan

If that happens then the world really is ending in 2012.

But at least 2011 might be a great year for Niner fans!
I think that getting two free agent OL is a great idea. But the first goal is to clear out the dumb ass coaches and get a real coach who knows the ins and outs and I think we should pursue Shanahan. No matter who we draft, with dumb coaches we are lost. I think some of the free agent OL are going to be hard to sign but I wonder if trading would be free agents would be an option like Aubrayo for McNeil. I think the niners have a few options at NT with Soap, Balmer and RJF. In any event I think we do need two free agent OL and draft two or three OL in the top four rounds. I think if the first pick allows for a great pass rusher, I would go there and try for safety or runningback with the second pick in the first round. On the second or third round I think the best OL of the remaining picks would be my choice with Top center-guard and then tackles in the following picks. I think if we do get another first rounder from the tampering thing, I would trade down bit by bit to the third round till I had about 4 picks in the third and draft all the other needs we need like Fullback and QB etc.

• Pogity
  • Info N/A
The Raiders will probably pick before us next year, maybe they'll pick some really fast guy over Eric Berry..

[ Edited by Pogity on Nov 15, 2009 at 14:45:13 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Resign:
Franklin, Nedney, Walker, Bly

Starting Quality OG
Peppers

Trade #18, 3rd & 5th to Philly for Kolb
trade #12 for a pick 4-5 spots lower recoup a 3rd

1st (16-17 range) Charles Brown OT, USC
2 George Selvie OLB/USF
3 Kyle Calloway OT,Iowa
4 Kyle McCarthy S, Notre Shame

or

Resign:
Franklin, Nedney, Walker, Bly

FA: Starting Quality OG
Peppers

1a Sam Bradford/Jimmy Claussen
1b Charles Brown OT, USC
2 George Selvie OLB/USF
3 Kyle Calloway OT,Iowa
4 Kyle McCarthy S, Notre Shame
1 Russell Okung
1 Jimmy Clausen
2 Jerry Hughes
3 Ndamukong Suh
4 Gerald McCoy
5 Eric Berry
6 Dez Bryant
7 Taylor Mays
Resign
Franklin, Baas

Draft
1st- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
"fluid, good footwork to reach defenders on edge, great range as pass blocker, extends arms well with jolting punch, good balance in space, can get impatient, not as physical in-line run blocker "

1st- Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson
"raw but gifted athlete, ideal 3-4 OLB, fluid in pass game, natural dropping into coverage, good first step, quickly changes direction, sudden with good lateral quickness, lacks lower strength, can struggle against run, explosive slipping blocks, closes on ball quickly"

2nd - Ed Dickson TE Oregon
"explosive big play threat, speed to separate and get down seam, good lateral quickness, not sharp out of routes, can float down field, not over physical blocking but gets it done, blocks down field better, needs polish"

3rd- Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
"bump or off man coverage, NFL press corner, good closing speed and first step, big physical player, strength to re-route WR, explosive, 2nd gear, brings wood, great range, impressive straight line speed, flips hips well, uses frame to screen WR, footwork can get choppy"

4th - Eric Decker WR Minnesota
"big smooth possesion WR, good route runner, plucks the ball, productive but enough to separate, lacks top end speed, can run route tree and get cleanly out of breaks, natural instincts, recovering from injury"

5th - TJ Ward FS Oregon
"tackling machine but more hitter, plays big with abandon, good first step out of break and closes quickly, solid instincts, reads run/pass quickly, clean footwork, flips hips quickly, lacks 2nd gear and range"

6th - Reggie Stephens G Iowa
"physical run blocker, handled top competition"

7th - Brandon James RB Florida
"KR and 3rd down back, electrifying in open field, quick second gear, natural in pass game, catches well, tackled too easily"

All comments from NFP, NFL Draft Scout and mixed with my own comments
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Resign
Franklin, Baas

Draft
1st- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
"fluid, good footwork to reach defenders on edge, great range as pass blocker, extends arms well with jolting punch, good balance in space, can get impatient, not as physical in-line run blocker "

1st- Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson
"raw but gifted athlete, ideal 3-4 OLB, fluid in pass game, natural dropping into coverage, good first step, quickly changes direction, sudden with good lateral quickness, lacks lower strength, can struggle against run, explosive slipping blocks, closes on ball quickly"

2nd - Ed Dickson TE Oregon
"explosive big play threat, speed to separate and get down seam, good lateral quickness, not sharp out of routes, can float down field, not over physical blocking but gets it done, blocks down field better, needs polish"

3rd- Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
"bump or off man coverage, NFL press corner, good closing speed and first step, big physical player, strength to re-route WR, explosive, 2nd gear, brings wood, great range, impressive straight line speed, flips hips well, uses frame to screen WR, footwork can get choppy"

4th - Eric Decker WR Minnesota
"big smooth possesion WR, good route runner, plucks the ball, productive but enough to separate, lacks top end speed, can run route tree and get cleanly out of breaks, natural instincts, recovering from injury"

5th - TJ Ward FS Oregon
"tackling machine but more hitter, plays big with abandon, good first step out of break and closes quickly, solid instincts, reads run/pass quickly, clean footwork, flips hips quickly, lacks 2nd gear and range"

6th - Reggie Stephens G Iowa
"physical run blocker, handled top competition"

7th - Brandon James RB Florida
"KR and 3rd down back, electrifying in open field, quick second gear, natural in pass game, catches well, tackled too easily"

All comments from NFP, NFL Draft Scout and mixed with my own comments

I wouldn't count on any of the players from round 3 to 5 being available at those spots. (In the next mock I'm currently working up, I've got Ward tabbed for the early third. Too good of a player to go in the 5th.)
Share 49ersWebzone