LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Geek's New Mock V2.0

Resign Baas? Not a chance. Clements is not a FS. He's a CB. He stays if he is healthy.

I would keep R. Smith, but the rest of this group can go.

Regarding the draft:

R1: Trent Williams - OT - Oklahoma
- Good size and strength, Williams has had success great success at RT in his previous seasons. He's start at LT right now, but he'll move back to RT in the NFL.

Trade SF 1st round draft pick for a mid-20's and a 2nd round draft pick. A team like the Eagles may move to up snag C.J. Spiller.

Works for me

R1: Jerry Hughes - DE/OLB - TCU
- We need to balance our draft to add talent and depth on both sides of the ball. Hughes will be a great asset to our pass rush. Hughes has great speed on the field, wraps up well when tackling, and provides great pass rushing ability against multiple blockers.

Would take Eric Norwood or Derrick Morgan instead.

R2: Perrish Cox - CB - Oklahoma State
- Cox has been one of the best CBs this year. He's really good in coverage and tackling ability. Needs to work on a few fundamentals, but if we resign Bly, Cox will be able to slowly transition into the NFL.

Cox is also an accomplished KR. That kind of eliminates the need for Ford.

R2: Jacoby Ford - WR/KR/PR - Clemson
- We finally address our special teams returner issue. Ford has outstanding speed and vision in the field. Potential slot WR in the NFL. Adds speed to the unit as well.

Since Baas is history, Mike Johnson OG Alabama would be my choice

R3: Daryl Washington - ILB - TCU
- We may as well get Hughes' teammate on our team. Washington is a legit ILB prospect. He'll be a great special teams player, and insurance policy for Patrick Willis. He can also sub in for Spikes if we want some blitz in the middle. Replaces Ulbrich as he retires.

Good player, but pick could be used on a NT like Dan Williams Tennessee

R4: Sam Young - OT - Notre Dame
- Depth pick that competes with Snyder, Boone and Sims for the final OL roster spots.

R5: Robert Johnson - FS - Utah
- Depth pick

R6: RB

R7: TE

The rest of these picks work for me.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Good responses people.

OTC - I understand where you are coming from regarding the ILB pick. OG or DL may be more practical in this area, as we did land McKillop in the 5th round.

9erluv - Matt Maiocco has already commented in his blog that Clements projects to be a solid FS due to his intangibles. He's a great tackler and has range in his game. It's nothing to be ashamed about, but if the 49ers want Brown to start, then I much rather keep Clements at FS, than release him outright.

Brock - If the CBA doesn't get renewed, Baas will be signed at a reasonable tender of a 1 year deal. Besides, Rachal and Snyder/Pashos are more of a liability than Baas.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Good responses people.

OTC - I understand where you are coming from regarding the ILB pick. OG or DL may be more practical in this area, as we did land McKillop in the 5th round.

9erluv - Matt Maiocco has already commented in his blog that Clements projects to be a solid FS due to his intangibles. He's a great tackler and has range in his game. It's nothing to be ashamed about, but if the 49ers want Brown to start, then I much rather keep Clements at FS, than release him outright.

Brock - If the CBA doesn't get renewed, Baas will be signed at a reasonable tender of a 1 year deal. Besides, Rachal and Snyder/Pashos are more of a liability than Baas.

The problem with moving Clements to safety might be him. He's gonna have to embrace the role and I'm not so sure he will. Sort of like Woodson in Green Bay. It's one thing to have the skills to do it, it's another thing to actually to accept and embrace the demotion.
This backs up the "2nd best Guard in the league"

Clicky
No quarterback = fail.

Just kidding, but we really need to look into free agency or the draft (high draft pick) for a quarterback.
Good responses people.

I just don't see it regarding Baas. We have seen enough to know that he isn't a long term solution at LG. He started out fine when he took over for Larry Allen in the scheme the Niners were running at the time. Since then, he has been mediocre at best. I would rather get someone like Mankins in there for the short term and the future.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Love it, except two things:

1. Nate should stay at QB
2. We should keep Pashos

LOL he means nate clements. lol imagine nate davis playing fs. anyways f**k trading with the eagles so they can take spiller who they dont need, we need spiller

I meant to say "Nate should stay at CB".
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good responses people.

I just don't see it regarding Baas. We have seen enough to know that he isn't a long term solution at LG. He started out fine when he took over for Larry Allen in the scheme the Niners were running at the time. Since then, he has been mediocre at best. I would rather get someone like Mankins in there for the short term and the future.

I don't disagree. But the fact is that I don't think McCloughan will shelve out the money and draft picks (Mankins will also be a RFA) to acquire the top tier guard.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good responses people.

I don't disagree. But the fact is that I don't think McCloughan will shelve out the money and draft picks (Mankins will also be a RFA) to acquire the top tier guard.

Agreed.. Scott's philosophy is to not overpay for the guard position. The cost for Mankins in $$ and picks would be huge. I think the idea of somehow getting Mankins is a pipe dream.
Share 49ersWebzone