LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

?uestion regarding ND-Navy Game

so I was watching the highlights last night and after Navy had gotten a safety ND kicked a onside kick. I thought if a team gets a safety(in this case Navy) then ND was to kick off as if they were punting from 20yrd line. ND succeeded on recovering the onside kick and going down the field and getting a TD. I'm just confused regarding the rule.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
so I was watching the highlights last night and after Navy had gotten a safety ND kicked a onside kick. I thought if a team gets a safety(in this case Navy) then ND was to kick off as if they were punting from 20yrd line. ND succeeded on recovering the onside kick and going down the field and getting a TD. I'm just confused regarding the rule.

College kickers have the option of using a tee to kick the ball, thus allowing for an onside kick.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

College kickers have the option of using a tee to kick the ball, thus allowing for an onside kick.

thanks for the explanation. but that sound dumb the rule that is.
Share 49ersWebzone