LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

future of the oline

I'm not a draft person, but was wondering if n-e-1 would agree to use the 2 1st rounders on the oline and use the other rounds on the team needs. the reason i says the oline is cause i think its most needed position & i could be wrong but we need more than one. it just my opinion but if the niners left everything the way it was the team would be good for the most part. the line is killing us. we can't run & they barely can past block. Heitman & staley are solid. the coaches believe chilo has skills and athleticism. that brings me to the other problem, the oline coach. that due sucks(man i miss the oline coach we had during the good years, he could make almost n-e-thing work), he needs to go. i know we need a pass rusher but the defense is making it work for the most part. they're not getting the qb all the time but they're getting to the qb most of the time.pressure to the qb most of the time is better than none at all or less than most. people talk about future qb but i think we already have it, whether it's a.smith or n. davis(i personally hope it's davis cause i thinks davis is where a.smith is at right now without the experience & davis has a better arm). as far as safties go, goldson is making it work, there's another safety at the other position we have that's young but he's been hurt but if they can get him healthy with some experience they could make him work. i think we're good at the wr spot for right now & next year too. I'm not sure if i'm missing something but i was wondering what everyone else thinks.
Yes.

And if you check through some of the threads round here you will find that this one has been widely discussed
I wouldn't use both 1st rounders on the line. 1 on a tackle is fine, but I'm not using the next one on a guard.
I would only use one pick in 1st on o-line for a RT.
BPA, then RT with our second pick.
mabad. nevermind. didn't think anyone would really use 2 first rounders on the oline. like i said nevermind
We are looking for two quality players who can immediately help our team. OT is certainly a major need. The great question is can we get two or our major needs met with quality players. We need OT and we need Pass Rush, we also need KR, OG, CB/FS/SS. So I could see OT and someone like Spiller who would certainly take care of one of our needs. So we could use Bulaga, Cody, Spiller, Iupati, Hughes in the first round but we only have two picks so somehow a decision has to be made. I hope we get a starting OT and a starting OG in the draft. We also need a better OC than what we have now. Then we still need some backups in the Oline where if something happened to our starte we have starter quality in our backups. Now we have backups for our backups. We still need quality depth through out our team. So I can hardly wait for FA and then the draft.
I agree but how about first pick OT, second first roumd pick passrusher, second round pick OG, somewhere late round Dexter McCluster as change of pace RB. I expect him to slip in draft because he has been used in multiple postions
Originally posted by msninerfan73:
I agree but how about first pick OT, second first roumd pick passrusher, second round pick OG, somewhere late round Dexter McCluster as change of pace RB. I expect him to slip in draft because he has been used in multiple postions

Not bad.
Share 49ersWebzone